Kernow commission ex LSWR Gate Stock Pull Push Sets

Taz

• RMweb Gold

Received Kernow 'order sent' email and DPD alert today, expecting text with 1 hour delivery time slot in the morning.  :sungum:

Expect to see a set running on 'Camel Quay' at the Manchester MRS 'Christmas Show' 2/3 December.

Fancy a second set to play with at Manchester if mine arrives in time?

Fancy a second set to play with at Manchester if mine arrives in time?

I'm sure i've seen a photo somewhere of an O2 top and tailed with a pull push set(s), not sure if they were Gate stock though. But as Camel Quay is a 'might have been' who knows? You'll have to come to Manchester to find out.

My set 373 in BR green arrived today. They look exquisite models to me - I don't have enough knowledge of the real things to quibble about certain details. A little judicious weathering and some passengers installed if I can get at the interior without any problems is the next task. At last some companion stock for the O2 and M7!

Petrox

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

A little judicious weathering and some passengers installed if I can get at the interior without any problems is the next task. At last some companion stock for the O2 and M7!

Petrox

The body simply unclips from the chassis.

Being right handed I grip the coach body in my left hand with the roof towards the palm and gently prise the chassis downwards and out with my right hand (I would take a picture but don't have a third hand ...)

The body simply unclips from the chassis.

Being right handed I grip the coach body in my left hand with the roof towards the palm and gently prise the chassis downwards and out with my right hand (I would take a picture but don't have a third hand ...)

Thanks for the info - I'm always nervous attacking a brand new item of stock!

Hope they are doing some overtime over the weekend, especially to get the "colonial" sets away, would love to have them before Christmas!

Anyone know what order date they are up to?

Happy to give a fiver donation to the local racing gig team to be bumped up the line......................................

• RMweb Gold

I think they are working thro each livery type in turn as they did with the USA tanks. My olive green set ordered in 2015 arrived yesterday. Another great model from Kernow. Thank you.

If you are right, those of us with multiples on order may wait a bit longer..... 

It might well be so, I ordered both the BR liveries within a month or two of the original announcement (2011/early 2012) and haven't heard anything yet.

John

Edited by Dunsignalling

I think they are working thro each livery type in turn as they did with the USA tanks. My olive green set ordered in 2015 arrived yesterday. Another great model from Kernow. Thank you.

If you are right, those of us with multiples on order may wait a bit longer..... 

It might well be so, I ordered both the BR liveries within a month or two of the original announcement (2011/early 2012) and haven't heard anything yet.

John

I've ordered more than 1 set (1 of each to be precise). The delivery e-mail from Kernow suggests that all 4 are coming as one package, due Monday.

I also suspect that having gone through the process recently of other bulk arrivals of commissioned stock, they will be getting better at working out how to most efficiently process those orders and deliver them. To use the modern management jargon “they’ll have taken the learnings”.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I also suspect that having gone through the process recently of other bulk arrivals of commissioned stock, they will be getting better at working out how to most efficiently process those orders and deliver them. To use the modern management jargon “they’ll have taken the learnings”.

Whazzat ?   :stinker:   On the lines of "I'll run this one past you..."  and "I hear what you say..." ? :jester:

• RMweb Premium

That sounds more like Nanny Ogg or Granny Aching to me...

What ever it is the precise arrival date of any item cannot be guaranteed. Kernow has received several commissions over and above their normal deliveries recently and the first two Bulleids are imminent.

The mail room is about the size of many domestic kitchens and two people in there is distinctly crowded.

Despite the limitations as most of us will know they run a very good operation indeed.

What ever it is the precise arrival date of any item cannot be guaranteed. Kernow has received several commissions over and above their normal deliveries recently and the first two Bulleids are imminent.

The mail room is about the size of many domestic kitchens and two people in there is distinctly crowded.

Despite the limitations as most of us will know they run a very good operation indeed.

Now if they were to get my Bulleid dispatched to me that would make them some more room wouldn't it?  :jester:

Stewart

I've ordered more than 1 set (1 of each to be precise). The delivery e-mail from Kernow suggests that all 4 are coming as one package, due Monday.

Mine was dispatched on the same day as my 6-wheel TOAD. It will be a while before they get to Oz but it will be interesting to see if they are in the same package. Whatever, they are extraordinarily efficient. 

• RMweb Gold

Mine arrived on Friday and I am delighted with them. Well worth the wait and now to paint the floors and fit some passengers. Many thanks to Chris and the team at Kernow for commissioning and sending them out so soon after they arrived in the UK.

Looking forward to the Bulleids!

all the very best

Godfrey

• Like 1