Kernow commission ex LSWR Gate Stock Pull Push Sets

Taz

A few days ago on this thread we were discussing a certain Mr. S - well just to return to that for a moment, I paid one of my very occasional visits to Model Rail Forum this evening and learned from the gentleman's own post on there that he is now banned from another model railway forum, this one being 'Dapol Digest' (er ... no, me neither ....) apparently as a result of his criticisms of that company's new B4 locomotive.  Apparently he blames an 'agent provocateur' - not sure what that was all about and frankly I couldn't be bothered to seek it out.  As another poster on there observed: 'deja-vu'.  

Such a shame, but it seems he doesn't learn.

I think none of us mind if someone points out errors on a model and lets the rest of us decide if we can live with those errors or not bother buying the item. Unfortunately, Mr S. also gets very personal with the insults (both veiled and not so veiled). He also goes on and on about the same things. yet doesn't seem to realise that he is his own worst enemy. Sure he may be correct in his criticisms of the model's errors, but there are ways of expressing these without blaming, upsetting and insulting others.

I must admit I had a quiet chuckle when he posted about being banned, and had the gall to complain that someone was rude to him! Pot ... kettle ... black ...  :D

• Like 2

Opinions might differ as to whether we were actually off-topic, given that we were talking about this model's harshest critic.

However, since you ask, then in the spirit of many of the last few days' frantic posts on this thread ...

"Has the lorry driver stopped for his tea break yet???  How very dare he!!!"

That all right for you?     :angel:

Edited by Willie Whizz

• RMweb Gold

I saw the Southern malachite set on a layout at Tolworth Showtrain at the weekend. Looked very nice indeed and I will be placing an order based on that viewing. (The set in question was air-freighted in ahead of the main consignment apparently)

You know I though I saw that, and I saw some gate stock too.. but then I dismissed them as “must have been a kit” without asking. I Must remember to think ! Edited by adb968008

• RMweb Gold

Emails received from Kernow timed at 16:04 this afternoon. My sets on the way and due to be delivered by DPD tomorrow. Yippee!!

Keith

edited to show time of despatch of the email.....must have been one of the first to pre-order!

Edited by tetsudofan

Emails received from Kernow timed at 16:04 this afternoon. My sets on the way and due to be delivered by DPD tomorrow. Yippee!!

Some of you must have got in really quickly.  I ordered mine on 13/11/2012 and am still on the waiting list. :stinker:  :senile: 

Perfectly timed home run pre-booked and ticketed weeks ago sees me in west Cornwall for just a few hours on Monday. I can collect in person!!!f

Lucky so and so.................................................... :resent:

Some of you must have got in really quickly.  I ordered mine on 13/11/2012 and am still on the waiting list. :stinker:  :senile:

I just looked at my account, I ordered on 29/11/2011, can't be too long.............................. :onthequiet:

I ordered quite early (and paid) but no news yet. However with the Bullied's due in very very soon (also ordered early and paid for), it would not surprise me if Kernow are waiting to have both and sending them together (like they did with the USAs). They are good like that (even if they send both separately, I won,t mind).

I ordered quite early (and paid) but no news yet. However with the Bullied's due in very very soon (also ordered early and paid for), it would not surprise me if Kernow are waiting to have both and sending them together (like they did with the USAs). They are good like that (even if they send both separately, I won,t mind).

They are excellent. I always feel I am getting personal service, despite being on the other side of the world.

First reaction: very nice! The gates themselves are quite exquisite. DJ’s re-thought tension locks fitted (at a guess, I’d say the droppers are curved to look more like pipes) but bar couplers are provided as spares. Very neat separately applied grab rails. There are five prominent screws raised on plastic mounts along the floor of each vehicle – perhaps painting the floor matt black would help. The Southern olive green is matt with very neat lining. I would have preferred a little sheen but at least there isn’t gloss lining on a matt finish as on Hornby stuff. Speaking of Hornby, they seem to be very free running. (Tested with fingers, not on rails yet.)

My quibbles are minor. I’m very pleased with them. The price seemed horrendous when I ordered them but now it seems quite reasonable. Thank you Kernow!

• Like 1