EBay madness

Marcyg

"The item for sale has not been removed from the box ". How did they photo it then - thought transference etc. ???

Dennis

Er, because the one in the picture is the display model, and you get one from stock. I've used Transport Models of Preston before, they seem like a perfectly reasonable and competent outfit....unlike our old friend Cartmel:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TRI-ANG-RAILWAYS-R159-BR-CLASS-29-No-3317-FREELANCE-DIESEL-LOCO-/300712619241?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4603de6ce9&nma=true&si=dcreps8esUMo%252B83M52eGmpUe0HU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

It's one thing to advertise tat at barmy prices, but for goodness sake, selling it will only encourage him!

• RMweb Gold

Er, because the one in the picture is the display model, and you get one from stock. I've used Transport Models of Preston before, they seem like a perfectly reasonable and competent outfit....

Yes, Kitlady is a good supplier in my experience. I wasn't sure what the query was over the price, either? £115 is only a few £ more than Hattons.

Yes, Kitlady is a good supplier in my experience. I wasn't sure what the query was over the price, either? £115 is only a few £ more than Hattons.

You could have got one for 100 notes at Stoke Mandeville the other week.

Add in the £9.80 postage and it is rather more than a few quid over the top.

I wonder how well this loco is selling?

There does seem to be a good stock at several outlets, at lower than Hattons prices, for what was quite a limited run.

Bernard

Not in this case (if I had drawn them, I wouldn't have wanted to sign them - not guilty yer honour!). In any case it depends whose signature.

Also, surely, a Trader should be testing all items to make sure they work before they try and sell them?

Advisable from their point of view (to avoid unhappy customers and returns), but not essential - some customers probably prefer an unopened product anyway.

Cheapest on Ebay! £35. c'mon really, the 5 pole models might get that but the used old variety rarely gets above £25. £20 being the norm for unboxed used

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/OO-gauge-Hornby-R068-class-25-in-BR-blue-25247-Cheapest-on-ebay-Free-postage-/221301022101

Then goes on to say Used condition, untested , no box ~ even though the picture shows a nice model and a clean box

Edit: Subtype: Steam

Edited by thaddeus

• RMweb Gold

Also, surely, a Trader should be testing all items to make sure they work before they try and sell them?

A philosophical (not necessarily real life) question, if a collector buys it and will never take it out of the box, and it's only ever sold on to other collectors and never run, does it actually have to work?

• RMweb Gold

A philosophical (not necessarily real life) question, if a collector buys it and will never take it out of the box, and it's only ever sold on to other collectors and never run, does it actually have to work?

..... and might it be known as Schrodinger's tat.

• RMweb Gold

How would anybody actually know whether it works or not?  (and why would they care if it's never going to come out of the box - until a non-collector buys it and reports them to Ebay!)

So, it finally sold! (A chopped about old Tri-ang TC Series Double ended diesel (R.159).

It was

"Boxed"

So are all items of rolling stock I sell....it helps them survive the Post! ;)

• RMweb Gold

That was the one that came with the Hornby Mixed Freight set.

Edit: would normally go for about £30

Edited by TheSignalEngineer

• RMweb Gold

For a K's kitbuilt...! http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=400587605392&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:GB:3160

Strange, as I bid and acquired from them a nice little Swiss loco for around £60! 

At that price you could buy and build a whole collection of loco's and rolling stock, plus buildings and accessories in a space (that will allow it of course) for about more than half of the price of a K's kit LMS ex MR 2f 0-6-0.

And i doubt a K's kit loco would cost that much if still in production that is. And also you could also buy a brand new car as well as the huge collection of a Model railway layout too. Shocking, absolutely shocking 

• RMweb Premium

See his comment:

"painted in bright yellow. poor lighting when pictures were taken."

There's poor lighting and there's his poor lighting. How did he get it so that the yellow has vanished? That must be quite clever :jester:

Keith

Edited by melmerby