EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Premium

Over £100 for a Hornby 25 is not going to happen.

However, these are not box standard 25s but modified to produce 24/0 and 24/1, quite a bit of work, I've done a couple back in the 1980s.

Still not worth over £100, but I'd much prefer the based on the Bachmann base model, and the forthcoming Bachmann 24/1 is less than £100 anyway.

Neil

IMHO The problem with buying modified items on e-bay is how well the modifications have been done.

A few small photos don't show the detail of the work.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Where is that git Gosturde based; I need to show him what KIT-BUILT means, by introducing this to the rearmost portion of his digestive tract.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bachmann-32-381-KIT-BUILT-DB-SCHENKER-CLASS-37-4-LOCO-37419-MINT-DCC-mv-/330804299455?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item4d057906bf

I believe that if you were to get out a map of Brotain and start from where you live going up the page and veering off to the right at some point you would find him.  Much more detailed directions may be available at BIN price of at least £50 and a bottle of a well known north country alcoholic palliative.

But he does venture down our way on buying expeditions and having once, for amusement, bid against him at an auction I happened to know exactly what one purchase cost him and also what his BIN price was for them, I suppose he has to make a living but I wonder how if he reclaims the VAT?

Ok just wondering he is offering a 37/4 mint with DCC at a well mental price,

However his shop is called Gostude "Antique" toys shop!!

Now I know a reall class 37 is older than me I can count well as long as I am not wearing gloves or socks!! But to be an antique surely there has to be some age to things and last time I checked that model an DCC weren't exactly what I could class as well antique, just like a large amount of the models he is selling some may be collectors but antique?

• RMweb Gold
How on earth can they get away calling it MIB?

Personally my conscience wouldn't let me.

Although it is described as Average further down - I'd hate to see the below average.

Edited by BoD

• RMweb Gold

I love the expression - 'original average condition'  - I reckon that if a shop had tried to seel it in that condition when new (i.e. 'original') they would have had a hard job.

The bloke ought to be condemned by the 'Plain English' lot if not prosecuted under the Trades Description Act.

There's a lot of rolling stock and locos with it

The layout is p*ss poor, but as you say a lot of stuff ......after a quick glance and tot-up:

16 DCC fitted locos including 3 sound fitted.- £400 (bit low?)

60 plus wagons - some stinkers included - £250

31 coaches - mostly Bachmann - £400

37 points and 3 slips, 35 yds of track and 2 controllers  - £200

43 various Skaledale and Bachmann RTP items, although I can't see many silly money items immediately - £200

Looks to be a lot of boxed stuff

Say £1400 - might be a bit mean? Pity the layout is only worth £6 rather £600......and the lead photo shouldn't be the layout, but that doesn't seem to stop 12 people an hour viewing it, although they may all be from this thread.

But then a Devon Belle Set plus additional 3 Pullmans has just sold for £330 on eBay and some other loony recently paid £237 for a Sound Kidwelly Castle - so that's my loco estimate covered already. Late news re Flying Scotsman USA Tour Edition - a third eBay lunatic has recently paid £200 for one of those.

eBay is so confusing these days :jester:

Edited by cary hill
  • Like 1

Nothing hard to find about these! (except perhaps the box). Leaving aside the warping from which they all suffer (a combination of poor quality mazak and  a plastic which is is a relation of cellulose acetate), the model is not original - the truss rod/battery box castings are missing and the bogies have been replaced (Hornby Mk I?).

No comment about the price apart from way OTT.

Edited by Il Grifone

• RMweb Gold

Strangest class D 0-4-0 tank loco I've ever seen.

Zooming in on the varnish lakes on the sides is worth the effort too.

Mike.

I like this quote,

There are no instructions with this kit, but assembly is not exactly rocket science. The kit looks to be complete, with nothing obvious missing.

from a kit built one that is far from finished, and he has assembled it for the photos as an 0-8-2.

Keith