EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

Are they included?

In a mischevious mood, so I have just asked the seller.   If he/she answers I'll let you know.

Reply received this evening:

Dear colin_mcleod,

Wife says no !

- mender21

At least he has a sense of humour.
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

16 DCC fitted locos including 3 sound fitted.- £400 (bit low?)

Yes. The three sound locos alone would typically be £120-£140 each as a minimum. Also bear in mind that there are some sets of loco+coaches in there, so a more realistic figure is likely to be £800-£900 for the loco collection.

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Nothing hard to find about these! (except perhaps the box). Leaving aside the warping from which they all suffer (a combination of poor quality mazak and  a plastic which is is a relation of cellulose acetate), the model is not original the truss rod/battery box castings are missing and the bogies have been replaced (Hornby Mk I?).

No comment about the price apart from way OTT.

The bogies look like the old Tri-ang Hornby DMU dummy bogies to me, later ones with the axle box holes for the old axles filled in. Certainly later "Low Profile" Hornby coupling hooks!

• RMweb Gold

The bogies look like the old Tri-ang Hornby DMU dummy bogies to me, later ones with the axle box holes for the old axles filled in. Certainly later "Low Profile" Hornby coupling hooks!

Hornby of some kind certainly (It refused to zoom in - probably something to do with the very slow connection I'm suffering at the moment - <250KB/s!) - strange seeing Hornby do Pullman bogies.

EDIT

Finally zoomed in - confirm DMU bogies (possibily worth more than the coach?)

Edited by Il Grifone

I see quite a few things from this guy when I do searches near to me.  If you look at the rest of his items, you will have even more Ha Ha Ha's etc! 

An hour in a tank of modelstrip and a decent respray plus some new etched plates and it could look great.  If it were half the price I would be tempted to rescue it!!

Are you sure that's not what has happened already, then ? :jester:

'A wonderful model for your collection'! - if you collect fishing weights I suppose!

'Very well made and reasonably painted and detailed' - there is a well known saying that you 'can't polish a turd'!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ks-KEYSER-MTK-KIT-BUILT-BR-0-4-0-DOCK-SHUNTER-DIESEL-LOCO-MINT-mv-/221141699994?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item337d128d9a

'A wonderful model for your collection'! - if you collect fishing weights I suppose!

'Very well made and reasonably painted and detailed' - there is a well known saying that you 'can't polish a turd'!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ks-KEYSER-MTK-KIT-BUILT-BR-0-4-0-DOCK-SHUNTER-DIESEL-LOCO-MINT-mv-/221141699994?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item337d128d9a

Did anyone else guess the seller before opening the link?

Did anyone else guess the seller before opening the link?

Yep, the 'wonderful model for your collection' spiel gives it away.

I am not sure who makes this item.

Stevie Wonder?

Gostuditis unfortunately appears to be conatagious - apparently this, with its dust, smears and tarnished coupling rods is 'like new'.

Edited by Cleefy

• RMweb Premium
  • RMweb Gold