EBay madness

Marcyg

• RMweb Gold

A quick Google would show you that it has, in fact, been stored since bought in a cedar box (therefore fewer bugs) in light-tight conditions at altitude.

So there's the added bonus that it smells nice too. :)

It's been independently checked (as I believe all such items have to be in the USA) for condition and provenance by the Certified Guaranty Company. It's genuine. It rates as a 9.0 on a scale of 1-10. There are only two 9.0 editions in the world - the other sold in 2011 for $2.1 million.

This is certainly not a 'copy'. No-one's been 'had' - unless you know something that a highly professional company and a keen set of experts have missed.

A quick Google would show you that it has, in fact, been stored since bought in a cedar box (therefore fewer bugs) in light-tight conditions at altitude.

Some sad people about. Read the blo-dy thing and enjoy it!

• RMweb Premium

Go on, you know you want it! :jester:

Economic postage as well (£6.00)!

Keith

EDIT

He's also got this which looks like Triang/Hornby but is clearly modified (centre driving wheels) but has been used for cultivating some sort of biological growth!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/STEAM-TRAIN-8509-GREEN-OO-GAUGE-/271586997518?pt=UK_Trains_Railway_Models&hash=item3f3bd8b50e

Edited by melmerby

• RMweb Gold

Some sad people about. Read the blo-dy thing and enjoy it!

Nothing sad about making $3m.  Think how many current comics could be purchased, read and enjoyed for that money.

Now what I need is a cedar box, then I can store my Issue No 1 of Hatchets part work model railway (complete with Mk1  coach) as an investment.

• RMweb Premium

Nothing sad about making $3m.  Think how many current comics could be purchased, read and enjoyed for that money.

Now what I need is a cedar box, then I can store my Issue No 1 of Hatchets part work model railway (complete with Mk1  coach) as an investment.

This sort of thing reminds me of this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Three_Men_and_a_Comic_Book

Keith

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

This is the cedar box all my valuables are going in.

http://www.casketsbydesign.com/cedar-coffins.html

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

Who says you can't take it with you when you die?

(and would any modeller be desperate enough to exhume you in order to get hold of a long-unobtainable kit?)  :jester:

Not many modellers maybe, but looking at some of the 'decaying treasures' being hawked by some of the usual sellers on these pages, I'd suggest it's already happening!  :secret:

Edited by Metr0Land

• RMweb Premium

There must be a demand for these though as I offered a pair of unpowered Triang 101 driving trailers a while back in basically scrap condition starting at 99p and for some reason that I still haven't fathomed, got the thick end of twenty five notes for them!!  Did throw in free postage though as I thought it was either Ebay or landfill.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Let me guess before looking at the link...

Seller is ukpartsdeal?

EDIT: got it in one........................

Cheers,

Mick

Edited by newbryford

Let me guess before looking at the link...

Seller is ukpartsdeal?

EDIT: got it in one........................

Cheers,

Mick

Looks like they have given up ( overwhelmed ? ) on commenting on their negative feedback with usual " ....... , neg doesn't ( help)" and then doing nothing apparent to put it right, which is usually non-delivery or poor/damaged item.

Why do some sellers get away with having a simple train, rolling stock, locomotives, or accessories for unbelivable high prices. Especially for that Class 142 in the Northern livery?

Probably been on there for months (anything with a higher price), or (wouldn't have thought possible) years. Just a endless cycle on the same thing until someone without actually thinking purchases something railway based well above the original retail price when the DMU or similar was released some years ago. 

Wouldn't touch it with a barge pole. 

Edited by HornbyA3Fan

Vic Berry might be  :no:

VIc Berry's scrapyard is long gone!

Booth's, on the other hand, are still going strong - and I believe it was them that cut up the real APTs!

VIc Berry's scrapyard is long gone!

Booth's, on the other hand, are still going strong - and I believe it was them that cut up the real APTs!

I don't think Vic Berry's scrapyard has gone - they just moved and trade under another name - Rails of Sheffield!

I'll get my coat.....

Edited by Bodmin Bob