The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
35 minutes ago, kevinlms said:

I posted it elsewhere, but didn't put your 'A joke with no punch line' line in.

Instead, just renamed the cartoon as 'No punch line', even more subtle and confusing the group members!

Isn't the idea you don't write anything, that's the whole point of the joke, or does that make it too difficult for people to work out theses days?

Mike.

• Agree 2

• RMweb Premium
49 minutes ago, Enterprisingwestern said:

Isn't the idea you don't write anything, that's the whole point of the joke, or does that make it too difficult for people to work out theses days?

Mike.

My way the answer was there, but a bit of work required!

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

A State Trooper was patrolling late at night off the main highway:

At nearly midnight, he sees a couple in a car, in lovers' lane, with the interior light brightly glowing. He carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. Then he sees a young man behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine. He immediately notices a young woman in the rear seat, filing her fingernails.
Puzzled by this surprising situation, The trooper walks to the car and gently raps on the driver's window.

The young man lowers his window. "Uh, yes, Officer?"

The trooper asks. "What are you doing?"

The young man says. "Well, Officer, I'm reading a magazine."

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the trooper says. "And, her, what is she doing?"

The young man shrugs. "Sir, I believe she's filing her fingernails."

Now, the trooper is totally confused. A young couple, alone, in a car, at night in a lover's lane and nothing is happening!
The trooper asks. "What's your age, young man?"

The young man says. "I'm 22, sir."

The trooper asks. "And her, what's her age?"

The young man looks at his watch and replies. "She'll be 18 in 11 minutes."

• Like 1
  • Funny 18

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

A State Trooper was patrolling late at night off the main highway:

At nearly midnight, he sees a couple in a car, in lovers' lane, with the interior light brightly glowing. He carefully approaches the car to get a closer look. Then he sees a young man behind the wheel, reading a computer magazine. He immediately notices a young woman in the rear seat, filing her fingernails.
Puzzled by this surprising situation, The trooper walks to the car and gently raps on the driver's window.

The young man lowers his window. "Uh, yes, Officer?"

The trooper asks. "What are you doing?"

The young man says. "Well, Officer, I'm reading a magazine."

Pointing towards the young woman in the back seat the trooper says. "And, her, what is she doing?"

The young man shrugs. "Sir, I believe she's filing her fingernails."

Now, the trooper is totally confused. A young couple, alone, in a car, at night in a lover's lane and nothing is happening!
The trooper asks. "What's your age, young man?"

The young man says. "I'm 22, sir."

The trooper asks. "And her, what's her age?"

The young man looks at his watch and replies. "She'll be 18 in 11 minutes."

True story; happened in Canada to my nephew, caning it a bit in his old Buick down a highway late one night well over the speed limit when he was pulled over by the Mounties (they have cars these days, as well as horses, and by and large it is advisable not to mess with them).  The interaction went something like:-

Mountie: 'Do you know how fast you were going back there, sonny?'

Peter: 'Quite fast officer; I'm very sorry and it won't happen again'

Mountie: 'Not letting you off that easily sonny jim' and pulls out his book of speeding tickets.

Peter, meanwhile, gets out his wallet and hands his driving license to the Mountie with a $50 bill folded inside it.

Mountie: 'Son, are you trying to bribe me?'

Peter: 'Certainly not, Officer, I just thought I'd take the opportunity of contributing to the Royal Canadian Mounted Police's annual xmas ball'.

Mountie: 'Why, thank you son, but the Royal Canadian Mounted Police do not have b-'... (rips up ticket) 'Take it easy on the rest of your way home, son'.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 13

22 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Do not drink and wrap Christmas presents. If you get a TV remote control for Christmas please send it back.

Ok guys, I'll admit it.  I didn't "get it" at first.  Even after several readings I was still clueless.  My wife, read it once and began laughing big time.  Upon explaining it to me I don't know if I was laughing harder at the joke or at my inability to figure it out.  Oh well, luckily she's around to explain things to me.  :)

• Funny 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

23 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Do not drink and wrap Christmas presents. If you get a TV remote control for Christmas please send it back.

Given the number of presents sent.....

.....  It's a bit of a stab in the dark.

Regards

J

• Funny 1

Christmas Dinner Tips

Forget Jamie Oliver,  Gordon Ramsey etc.

1)   It's only a Sunday Lunch  you do the other 51 weeks in the year.

2)   Turkey  20 mins per pound  plus 20 mins.

3)    Stuffing.    Simple,      Paxo

4)    Roast potatoes.    Aunt Bessies of course.

5)    Yorkshire pud.     Aunt Bessies  

6)    Christmas pud.   Don't bother.  You are too full anyway.   Eat the thing in July like you normally do.

7)    Mince pies.     Forget about the best taste ones are ----.     You are in your local supermarket.   They will do.

8)    Alcohol.    Lock the good stuff away.    Buy the cheap stuff for guests.   They are no wiser anyway.

9)    I nearly forgot.   Gravy.     Bisto

Merry Christmas

Edited by NorthBrit
Error
  • Like 5
  • Agree 4
  • Funny 7