The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Gold
24 minutes ago, steve1 said:

Your "trans" comment could be seen as offensive, as there are trans members on here and in the wider modelling community.

Snowflake alert!

Seriously Steve.  If any trans members are offended by this mild play on words, then they need to get a life.  I suspect they are less offended than you might think.

• Agree 7

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, CameronL said:

-    Answer every tenth questioner in an accent like a pirate. – 2 pts.

Alternatively, introduce some expressions like "Shiver my timbers" or "Jibbooms and bobstays" into your answer. (Those two will tell people which books I read in my young days.)

• Like 2
  • Funny 5

29 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

I remember the Hornby Trans Continental......

At the time, my assumption was that the "Trans" referred to the Continent and not passenger's personal inclinations.  Was there any indication on the tickets?

Julian

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, jcredfer said:

Was there any indication on the tickets?

Dunno, but some tickets do say "Not transferable" on them...

I do remember from my time in the booking office that whenever a little old lady appeared at the window and said "Eastbourne* please" the answer was always ..."Just a single..." 

* Anywhere on the South coast was known as 'Gods waiting room"

• Like 1
  • Funny 4

4 hours ago, Gibbo675 said:

Hi JS,

I'll know its 2020 when we get the, me too / SJW / virtue signalling button.

Gibbo.

1 hour ago, Colin_McLeod said:

Snowflake alert!

Seriously Steve.  If any trans members are offended by this mild play on words, then they need to get a life.  I suspect they are less offended than you might think.

Hi Colin,

I was only joking about this very nonsense a short while ago, Neanderthal that I am. Worse still I may have to edit my post so as not to offend any snowflakes for not being inclusive.

By the way, for those that may be offended by my comment about Neanderthals, I do have deep set eyes, a raked forehead running into a heavy brow so I'm actually allowed to say that.

It really is 2020 !!!!!!!

Gibbo.

• Like 4
  • Friendly/supportive 3

1 hour ago, steve1 said:

"a kilt"

There is a member on here who regularly wears a kilt to exhibitions. I have seen others too.

Your "trans" comment could be seen as offensive, as there are trans members on here and in the wider modelling community.

Speaking as a regular exhibitor*, a lot of the other ideas though definitely have merit :D

steve

*When there are exhibitions at which to exhibit...

Hi Steve,

I once had a girlfriend that had not so much a kilt but a short tartan skirt and she was quite the exhibitionist also, great fun to be with though !

Gibbo.

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, steve1 said:

There is a member on here who regularly wears a kilt to exhibitions. I have seen others too.

A good friend of both you and I if I am not mistaken?

Andi

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

So two Irishmen are traveling to Australia. Before they leave home, one of their dads gives them both a bit of advice: "You watch them Aussie cab drivers. They'll rob you blind. Don't you go paying them what they ask. You haggle." At the Sydney airport, the Irishmen catch a cab to their hotel. When they reach their destination, the cabbie says, "That'll be twenty dollars, lads." "Oh no you don't! My dad warned me about you. You'll only be getting fifteen dollars from me," says one of the men. "And you'll only be getting fifteen from me too," adds the other.

• Funny 14

• RMweb Premium
12 hours ago, chris p bacon said:

Dunno, but some tickets do say "Not transferable" on them...

I do remember from my time in the booking office that whenever a little old lady appeared at the window and said "Eastbourne* please" the answer was always ..."Just a single..." 

* Anywhere on the South coast was known as 'Gods waiting room"

My mum was born in Bournemouth. She's often complained that that's supposed to be where you end up, not start from.

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 6
  • Friendly/supportive 1