SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

SOSJ is probably the daftest thread on RMW but I don't give a sh##. I enjoy it and it helps my sanity.

Ar$£

I think it attracts a certain select clientele and I suspect the good humoured banter keeps many of us sane. 

• Like 3

Hi Stu

it is a good thing John never visited this thread, but a lot of the waddling off topic comes from the OP.

I wonder if he, the OP, has been up the junction recently. I keep having short burst in the toy room. I can't believe I have moving trains.

I think John F, did visit in the early days, but never posted, he rarely posted on many threads. He was interested in anything Southern / GWR / S & D.

• RMweb Premium

And it is conspicuously lacking in boasting.

I think my 5.3m x 1m mediumish layout is the bestist and am shocked wot I dus not get 1million fans a day innit. It's definitely the bestist O Gauge trainset being builded in my gaff. Did I mention how big it was?

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

I think my 5.3m x 1m mediumish layout is the bestist and am shocked wot I dus not get 1million fans a day innit. It's definitely the bestist O Gauge trainset being builded in my gaff. Did I mention how big it was?

Doesn't have a toilet though, does it?

SOSJ is probably the daftest thread on RMW but I don't give a sh##. I enjoy it and it helps my sanity.

Ar$£

post-20303-0-59530500-1523137613.jpg

Our Jack

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Pencarrow toilet: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69736-pencarrow-pg255-wagons-walls-bufferstops-and-concrete-dont-mention-frogs/?p=2739082

Produced by local Cornish manufacturer Trepoowee if you remember back to last May.

Always shocks me how long ago some of these projects were.

• RMweb Gold

I sit corrected.

Your layout is indeedee the bested being builded at your gaff, as it has all the necessary elements neededed.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Did I tell you I have trains running around my toy room. :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive: :locomotive:

Those would be DC trains, working perfectly well without carrying any extra electric gizmos?

Very well done, some would have you believe that's impossible these days.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Those would be DC trains, working perfectly well without carrying any extra electric gizmos?

There are Stu, but if others wish to have sound, lights and action trough their little gizmos, good on them.

If invited to play with their railway by the time I would have punched in the number, pressed the right F numbers and clicked the correct speed steps, one of my trains would have been around the toy room twice. :locomotive: :locomotive:

Edited by Clive Mortimore
  • Like 2

Yes. Lots of times.

Goodness gracious!

Didn't realise Mr Bryford was a visitor, nay even now a contributor, to this emporium of fun & questionable lady-images.

And to think I used to consider him an upright pillar of society back in Britrail days.

• RMweb Premium

Goodness gracious!

Didn't realise Mr Bryford was a visitor, nay even now a contributor, to this emporium of fun & questionable lady-images.

And to think I used to consider him an upright pillar of society back in Britrail days.

I have been here before. More lurking just to see who was behaving themselves - or not - as the case may be.......

I had considered posting more often here, but my intended contributions could, nay would have, have stepped outside the wide boundaries that SOSJ is allowed and led me into the wilderness of "moderated status" or even worse "removed account"..........................

:nono:

Cheers,

Mick

• RMweb Premium

You mark my words it will all end in tears...

• RMweb Gold

Tears to what? The fabric of space, time and the continuum ? The Theory of Relatively? The timey-wimey bits? Clive's head as he limbos under the bridge? JA's red undergarments?

This could be worrying...

• RMweb Premium

Mick only posts on here so we are reminded that all loco's should be yellow. However, when I went to see his layout at Donny I couldn't find it for ages as it wasn't REALLY BIG and the only yellow thing I could admire was a Banana, at least I think it was a Banana? Oh yes, my only yellow loco has decided to fall to bits; DJH Saddle Tank

I bet this is the only layout thread where dreams have resulted in several hours of advanced modelling techniques. Yes, last nighty I rememberated that the way to attach some old plaster wall panel (GypRoc?) joint cover tapey stuff to polystyrene and similar, was with my Hot Glue Gun wot I had forgotten about. I shall be changing my name to Joseph if this sort of interpretation continues.

Today in the loft I shall be unholstering my hot gun and testing it out. 

Good morning.

P

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Tears to what? The fabric of space, time and the continuum ? The Theory of Relatively? The timey-wimey bits? Clive's head as he limbos under the bridge? JA's red undergarments?

This could be worrying...

Souvenirs?

P

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Not so easy when you arrive and depart by HST, visiting a well-known model shop. Quite a long day, even from Torquay. And we did try a town-centre pub first, had a pint and were the only customers, but he didn’t do food.

Perhaps that's why you were the only customers.

• RMweb Premium

O dear. How I miss these lovely items. Any GF pasties I have found have been naff.

Enough of this drooling, let's get down to some serious modelling.

Dear boys (and Sherry), have I heard somwhere that cheapo kitchen towel (paper) nicely dampened (oh er misses) can be good for creating 'layers' on certain types of scenery. I will probably use the old chooky wire method for huge lumps and bumps but I'm currently creating the Lay By Siding embankment wot is quite small in area.

Many thanks.

P  

J-cloths old bean.