The non-railway and non-modelling social zone. Please ensure forum rules are adhered to in this area too!

The Forum Jokes Thread

Colin_McLeod

Message added by AY Mod,

Sexist, racist or religious jokes aren't funny - keep them to yourself!

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Amand said:

I've heard that the Durex factory has had a huge fire. The damage was so bad that the factory has been condommed!

But it's sticky tape!

Or it was, as no longer told in Australia. Durex are condoms now.

• Like 1

A lifelong Manchester United fan arrives at the UEFA match at Old Trafford and takes his seat. The crowd starts to arrive around him and take their seats too. By the time the match starts the seat next to him is still empty. At half time another fan behind him asks "How come there is a vacant seat next to you? The match was sold out ages ago."

The man looks back sadly and says, "Well I bought two tickets, one for myself and one for my wife. But since I bought them she has passed away."

The fan behind offers his condolences then asks "Couldn't any of your friends or relatives have used the ticket?"

The man looks back and says "I guess so, but they're all at her funeral."

Edited by DavidB-AU
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4
  • Friendly/supportive 1

On the subject of whales, here in the Black Country (an area of the West Midlands - but NOT Birmingham!!) a local chap claims to his mate that he's caught a whale in the local 'cut' - the local expression for a canal.

His mate is incredulous and asks what sort of whale he managed to catch in the cut??

A bicycle whale, was the reply.

(It's all to do with the local dialect. Black Country jokes are often called "Aynuck& Ayli jokes" after the two men who usually feature in most of them. ;) :good: )

Edited by F-UnitMad
  • Like 6
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Funny 4

19 hours ago, AndyB said:

Sure I've heard that one before, but....

Don't know where,

Don't know when.

Reminds me of a comment by my dad on returning from Singapore and Thailand after 3 1/2 years as a POW.

it must have been terrible people would say to him.

He would reply that it was not too bad, at least we did not have to listen to Vera Lynn.

Some people took this comment seriously.

Bernard

• Like 2
  • Funny 6

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Reminds me of a comment by my dad on returning from Singapore and Thailand after 3 1/2 years as a POW.

He would reply that it was not too bad, at least we did not have to listen to Vera Lynn.

Bernard

After his time as a PoW My Dad used to say the same, although he wasn't joking...

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
22 minutes ago, Bernard Lamb said:

Bernard

20 minutes ago, chris p bacon said:

After his time as a PoW My Dad used to say the same, although he wasn't joking...

My dad wasn't a POW but he spent most of the war out in Burma. He said that he was thankful that he was on the front line when she was out there and missed seeing her.

• Like 2