Hornby Announce Peckett W4 0-4-0ST

WD0-6-0

• RMweb Gold

You successfully scraped under the bar! :) The last one we could sell for pre-order sold yesterday at midday, so now the item is marked as sold out to prevent further orders. We have kept back a couple of unsold spares as we usually do (just in case any locos arrive damaged, we don't have to ask people to wait further for replacement stock or warranty repairs to be carried out) so we will probably have more available after they've arrived, but at the moment that's all folks!

Cheers to those that did order by the way! :)

Edited by Derails Models
  • Like 3

Are these (the black ones) now available? It would appear so from the last few posts but I have heard nothing from Hattons, where I ordered one somewhere back in the mists of time and I would have thought that if a small shop such as Derails has them then Hattons would too.

Are these (the black ones) now available? It would appear so from the last few posts but I have heard nothing from Hattons, where I ordered one somewhere back in the mists of time and I would have thought that if a small shop such as Derails has them then Hattons would too.

They arrived at Hornby today, Tuesday, so they will begin being distributed to retailers in the next few days.

No doubt the next batch of Peckett's will sell out in record time. I still haven't seen one in the flesh but hopefully might get a chance to this time around... as long as they don't all well out on pre-order!!

Is such a thinly disguised comment really necessary? All it does to me is demonstrate your limited vocabulary and your inability to moderate it in mixed company. Workshop language should be kept for the workshop.

My apologies for the comment. I've amended it as I don't wish to cause offence; all I can say is it was a "knee jerk response" moment.

I've been waiting for it to arrive at my local model shop since the start of last year.

• Like 3

Vanessa has joined the West Kent sand fleet. Nothing much to add from the previous release. still has the plastic whistle unfortunately, but it does feel stronger, all present and correct and runs superbly straight out of the box. £81 delivered a bargain compared to the Barclays.

Img_4755.jpg

• Like 13

• RMweb Gold

Vanessa has joined the West Kent sand fleet. Nothing much to add from the previous release. still has the plastic whistle unfortunately, but it does feel stronger, all present and correct and runs superbly straight out of the box. £81 delivered a bargain compared to the Barclays.

Img_4755.jpg

I like the nameplates, just the job! Where, perchance?

Cheers,

Ian.

Well mine has arrived from Cornwall this morning, and I'm afraid that straight out of the box it is not a brilliant runner, with a distinct tendency to 'limp' at slower speeds. There seems to be a lot of white grease on the visible gear wheel, so I'll give it an hours running in and see if that sorts it out.

Well mine has arrived from Cornwall this morning, and I'm afraid that straight out of the box it is not a brilliant runner, with a distinct tendency to 'limp' at slower speeds. There seems to be a lot of white grease on the visible gear wheel, so I'll give it an hours running in and see if that sorts it out.

Pleased to report that all is now well - the loco was initially running slower than my earlier MSC version and had the distinct 'limp' mentioned, but 60 minutes going round and round and (despite all the grease) re-lubrication of all the usual points and it is now running very well indeed. Quite a relief - I don't like sending things back, but would have if it had not improved.

• Like 2

I'll probably be branded a lunatic but I wonder how easy they are to disassemble for repainting 

You said it!  :jester:

At least its not as desecrational as taking a paintbrush/airbrush to that little jewel that is the H&P.....

My 883 is even now making its way from the Forest of Dean.....

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Finally got my own Peckett today - only to leave it at work!

Quick question on the Lilleshall (black) version. The artwork shows the chimney to be plain, but there is a little valve like assembly on the model, which is no problem to me.

Curious - what is it?

• RMweb Gold

Oh no!

How many Pecketts is it morally right to own?

In conceptual terms, I find that I need quite a lot, certainly more than what I currently have but aesthetically a nice round number is 3. Wherefore art thou, O third Peckett? Shall I sally forth on the morrow and search thee out?

I don't need another one but those black fellows do look superb!

• Like 1