Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

I have a Rails of Sheffield D9008 on pre-order but having just spoken to them they don't appear to be getting any P4 or EM wheelsets to send out.

I'm in for an EM gauge set but how would I go about obtaining them? Will they appear on your website as a separately listed item or are they only obtainable as an option when ordering a loco?

• RMweb Gold
21 minutes ago, SP Steve said:

I have a Rails of Sheffield D9008 on pre-order but having just spoken to them they don't appear to be getting any P4 or EM wheelsets to send out.

I'm in for an EM gauge set but how would I go about obtaining them? Will they appear on your website as a separately listed item or are they only obtainable as an option when ordering a loco?

Hi Steve,

As stated previously they will be available separately and will be available via our website in due course to purchase. 

Cheers!

Fran 

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

It'll only work if they get the posture right....;)

751646815_DELTICCAB1.jpg.f83fc83cdbd9336fbfe9d0bef0c7f66e.jpg

Just checking there would be the option to replicate different brands of cigarette and also a version with a pipe? 

• Funny 6

16 hours ago, Rugd1022 said:

It'll only work if they get the posture right....;)

751646815_DELTICCAB1.jpg.f83fc83cdbd9336fbfe9d0bef0c7f66e.jpg

What strikes me about this picture is how poor visibility must be on a deltic. No slouching here, if he doesn't sit bolt upright he wouldn't see out of the window!

Still, better than steam, so at the time it must have felt like luxury not to have to spend most of your time hanging out of the window.

Edited by The Ghost of IKB
  • Like 5

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

What strikes me about this picture is how poor visibility must be on a deltic. No slouching here, if he doesn't sit bolt upright he wouldn't see out of the window!

Still, better than steam, so at the time it must have felt like luxury not to have to spend most of your time hanging out of the window.

Think Deltics were pretty notorious for that…. Flying along the ECML might have been ok but it was plain watching them shuffle around the loco yard at KX that close quarter work required tentative handling….

2 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

was that intentional to a degree - at the time were they not worried about sleeper flicker affecting the drivers so was a reason for the big nose to block out the track close to the front of the loco?

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Premium
8 hours ago, The Ghost of IKB said:

Indeed, I had to either stand or kneel (I was a boy back then) on the secondman's seat to see out the windscreen, but the thing I remember most was how close the bridges seemed...always felt like ducking, which used to amuse my Uncle and annoy the secondman as I had to pinch his seat to see out! :lol:

Edited by boxbrownie
  • Like 4
  • Funny 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Chris56057 said:

Is there any chance of any Porterbrook Deltics becoming available now? 

Hi Chris,

There is a possibility of the odd one becoming available after the models arrive and we collate any cancellations. It will be a first come, first served basis if any do, so make sure you keep an eye on here, our website or social media for when that will occur.

You can also go to our website and sign up to the "email me when it becomes available" service under any model that's sold out. If you sign up to this you will be the first to know if something is back in stock, with an email sent to you direct.

1753778489_emailmewhenbecomesavailable.png.d51edd3eabadb40884c2dcde89268c8a.png

Cheers!

Fran 

Edited by Accurascale Fran
  • Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

Long story short: I've never been interested in Deltics as I missed them when I was spotting, and they were all withdrawn before the setting for my layout, and didn't do charters until after my layout is set. But I have ordered 55005 anyhow... If I wanted to order another one to renumber, what do I need to worry about detail wise? I see it's got double windscreen wipers, and a quick look on Flickr suggests that 55004/18/21 where also fitted with these in 1981. I quite fancy 55021 ... But what else do I need to worry about?

Longer story: I've decided to be a bit more flexible with the history around my layout, and if I bring the asbestos related shortage of DMUS from the late 80's forward to my timeframe (1983), and delay the introduction of HSTs on the Midland Mainline by a year or two, so the peaks weren't released for trans Pennines services, I could probably stretch reality a little to say that handful of Deltics were kept on (with donor parts from the withdrawn ones) to supply this route, along with generator 47s. (Now Bachmann a generator 47 with plated/sealed headcode panels and no high intensity light please...)

Thanks in advance

Richard

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, richard_t said:

Longer story: I've decided to be a bit more flexible with the history around my layout, and if I bring the asbestos related shortage of DMUS from the late 80's forward to my timeframe (1983), and delay the introduction of HSTs on the Midland Mainline by a year or two, so the peaks weren't released for trans Pennines services, I could probably stretch reality a little to say that handful of Deltics were kept on (with donor parts from the withdrawn ones) to supply this route, along with generator 47s.

Known as 'rule 1' to those of us who have long given up the pretense that there is any logic to our love of this hobby. So says a person with 2 green Deltics and a Manor on pre order for a layout that is notionally set north of Carlisle lol

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

1 minute ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Known as 'rule 1' to those of us who have long given up the pretense that there is any logic to our love of this hobby. So says a person with 2 green Deltics and a Manor on pre order for a layout that is notionally set north of Carlisle lol

That seems entirely reasonable to me. :good:

(Someone will arrive soon to ask, “Wot? Only one Manor?”)

• Funny 4

9 hours ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi Chris,

There is a possibility of the odd one becoming available after the models arrive and we collate any cancellations. It will be a first come, first served basis if any do, so make sure you keep an eye on here, our website or social media for when that will occur.

You can also go to our website and sign up to the "email me when it becomes available" service under any model that's sold out. If you sign up to this you will be the first to know if something is back in stock, with an email sent to you direct.

1753778489_emailmewhenbecomesavailable.png.d51edd3eabadb40884c2dcde89268c8a.png

Cheers!

Fran 

Thanks Fran, much appreciated.