Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, G-BOAF said:

Glue on tyres? Easy fix with a knife

Even easier with mine - just left it running for an hour in both directions and the weight of the beast scrubbed off whatever it was. Only one of my 3 had this issue by the way. 

• Informative/Useful 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
2 minutes ago, MikeParkin65 said:

Even easier with mine - just left it running for an hour in both directions and the weight of the beast scrubbed off whatever it was. Only one of my 3 had this issue by the way. 

ive ran it for hours,sounds like the power units thrown a rod......

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Rolling road,im building baseboards for the loft at the moment.

Maybe that’s the difference, I had access to the full layout so plenty of curves, frogs and other variations so I imagine all of the contact surface of the wheels got more of a polishing. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Taken my D9009 ‘Alycidon’ to Nigel’s @class26 Far North layout to give it a good run.  As I bought it DCC ready and added the Accurathrash speaker and sound chip later, I’ve noticed that there’s a noticeable vibration at low speeds.  Any ideas what’s causing that?

Also, the stay alive doesn’t seem to be working, neither the tail lights.  Do I need to ‘tweek’ the CV’s?

I did do a video but I can’t seem to be able to post it on here.

48FB58AF-54C9-4A46-B669-475128A7FDE7.jpeg

C79C45B7-B83B-4A71-A955-FDFA55E5E2D8.jpeg

• Like 3

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, jools1959 said:

Taken my D9009 ‘Alycidon’ to Nigel’s @class26 Far North layout to give it a good run.  As I bought it DCC ready and added the Accurathrash speaker and sound chip later, I’ve noticed that there’s a noticeable vibration at low speeds.  Any ideas what’s causing that?

Also, the stay alive doesn’t seem to be working, neither the tail lights.  Do I need to ‘tweek’ the CV’s?

Now at Thurso with @class26 loco’s, a Bachmann Class 47/7 47710 ‘Sir Walter Scott’ and Heljan Class 26 26027

3EADE092-FC80-4B78-891E-382062527D8B.jpeg

B9B0FF3D-1CDF-46F8-BCD7-722B195F8FCA.jpeg

• Like 6

• RMweb Gold

Video clip taken earlier of D9009 'Alycidon', taken on @class26 Far North layout

www.youtube.com/watch?v=49JevNtjZmg

Edited by jools1959
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Hi Jools, to post a video on here you need to post it on YouTube and then post the link here. It would be nice to see.

Ah if I’d have kept scrolling before replying 🙄👍

Edited by mallaig1983
  • Funny 1

On 28/04/2023 at 09:58, Knapdale said:

Has any one else had problems with the motor that has caused you to return it for repair?  If so, how long has it taken for you to receive it back?

I have two Deltics, both of which had to be returned for

motor repair soon after receiving them. It didn’t take too long (within a month if I recall correctly) to get them back working as they should.  

However, one of them suffered from motor issues again and went back for repair in February via Rails. Still waiting for its return. 

Well, that’s my 15 going to be returned for a third time. It now runs backwards when it should be moving forwards, with tail lights leading and vice versa. Very disappointing. 

• Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
7 hours ago, Knapdale said:

Well, that’s my 15 going to be returned for a third time. It now runs backwards when it should be moving forwards, with tail lights leading and vice versa. Very disappointing. 

Are you running DCC? You can change settings as to which is forward and reverse

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Knapdale said:

Sounds like you’ve just changed direction on the settings. Do a reset (cv 8) and you’ll be back to normal. 

• 2 weeks later...

You can all rest easy tonight gentlemen, secure in the knowledge that I have just placed a pre-order for Porterbrook Purple. Sleep well, men, sleep well. 

Edited by wairoa
  • Like 1
  • Funny 1

6 minutes ago, Krieghoff said:

So pleased that AS saw fit to do a rerun of this iconic loco in its iconic colour scheme. Well done  Accurascale. Looking forward to receiving mine in due course. 

Makes you wonder if there's a market for fictitious liveries...... InterCity Swallow anyone??

Mind you, not sure how that would match up with Accurascales committment to accuracy and fidelity :)

• Like 5

4 hours ago, philg said:

Makes you wonder if there's a market for fictitious liveries...... InterCity Swallow anyone??

Mind you, not sure how that would match up with Accurascales committment to accuracy and fidelity :)

GNER blue with an orange stripe? I will get my coat.....

• Funny 3

5 hours ago, philg said:

Don't forget the Intercity Swallow Class 92 ;)  it would sit just right alongside IC Swallow Classes 86, 87, 89, 90 and 91.

The IC Swallow Deltic will look at home with Swallow Classes 37, 43 and 47 (perhaps even a 40).

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1