Class 37, by Accurascale

• RMweb Gold
36 minutes ago, The Meerkat said:

i hope not :)

It’s not. We have tens of thousands of locos shipping in the next few months and don’t want to further complicate with part shipments! 

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
46 minutes ago, McC said:

It’s not. We have tens of thousands of locos shipping in the next few months and don’t want to further complicate with part shipments! 

Does that confirm that 714 is not on its way and is in fact in production, just like the others?

Edited by Dicky L

• RMweb Premium

I think it's fair to assume they (all or some of them) may have been produced but haven't left the factory i.e are sitting on pallets waiting for their brethren to reach a similar stage before being dispatched in one large group. Obviously, tens of thousands of models don't immediately go from having been completed to on a ship. They also need to wait for a ship to be allocated to be sent to the port from the factory one would presume. Just a couple of reasons for a 'purgatory' of sorts between the two stages.

Short of putting a tracker on the containers themselves I don't think we can reasonably expect anymore from Accurascale in terms of updates from what they already do. It's leagues ahead of many others and I think we've been somewhat spoiled by the detailed tracking information provided by many couriers when ordering from overseas that whilst nice to have and often interesting doesn't change from the fact they'll be here roughly in the next few months and the old phrase 'they'll be here when they are here'. The SLW class 25 experience is certainly a lesson in patience with orders for one SKU alone spreading out over a month due to the small team but as they, like these, will be excellent I don't really mind at all!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, NHY 581 said:

Hi @Dicky L

You need to remove that image as it contains third party bank account details and this is a public forum. 

Rob

I posted them too on the HTG  thread so I’ve edited them off. @PieGuyRob, if you could also take them off my quoted post on that thread that would be great. I didn’t realise.

• Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, McC said:

...... We have tens of thousands of locos shipping in the next few months......

Did someone say this hobby was in decline?😇

• Like 4
  • Agree 1
  • Funny 8

• RMweb Gold
On 15/02/2024 at 21:01, adamvb said:

I think they are aware and I'm sure that's why the lifetime warranty has been introduced to help ease the worry as more customers with motor issues have appeared online. It's potentially a big cost to them so won't have been done without a strong reason to do so I wouldn't think.

Or you can see it the other way round, they are so confident in what they have produced and that the number of locos with faults is so small, it won’t be a big cost. I know which one I favour. 

Roy

• Agree 4
  • Round of applause 1

On 14/02/2024 at 22:40, Melton Works said:

Well seeing as you mentioned it, it had to be done! Grafted in a window frame from an old Vi Trains scrapper I had. 👍. Nice to see 403 announced. 

20240214_223432.jpg

Here is the completed model, cantrail line moved, bodyside windows reinstated, oval buffers and DRS multisocket filled in. Would be nice to see an Accurascale model announced 👍

20240218_235833.jpg

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Slacky89 said:

Would anybody be able to recommend Rail Operations Group transfers for 37608? I've managed to wear some of the lettering off 😭

how’d you managed to wear them? Would hope the printing would stay on through normal use… maybe accurascale could help you if you drop them a message…

17 minutes ago, derekdoestrains said:

how’d you managed to wear them? Would hope the printing would stay on through normal use… maybe accurascale could help you if you drop them a message…

I imagine while I was fiddling around with the nameplates as it's on the 'Operations' lettering. One of those things that's not immediately standout visible on a model but you can't unsee it whenever you look at it after...

• RMweb Premium
16 minutes ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

To save me wading through 334 pages,

have Accurascale produced a blue plated split headcode version yet, like 37049 pictured?

Or if not do they plan to? Thanks

The simple answer is no unless you like yours with a white stripe and a westie (37027). 

They definitely plan to at some point but when is who knows.

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
14 minutes ago, E100 said:

The simple answer is no unless you like yours with a white stripe and a westie (37027). 

They definitely plan to at some point but when is who knows.

A more pressing problem is that 027 is sold out, but if yiu can get one, the white stripe can be removed with some IPA and some elbow (well, finger) grease, or more effectively with some white spirit as I found out on the one that I wanted to keep the stripe on! That got masked and resprayed. Here’s what used to be a model of 37027.

image.png.6878fe7141ca7a807e05a35487104f97.png

• Like 8
  • Friendly/supportive 1

9 hours ago, 97406 said:

A more pressing problem is that 027 is sold out, but if yiu can get one, the white stripe can be removed with some IPA and some elbow (well, finger) grease, or more effectively with some white spirit as I found out on the one that I wanted to keep the stripe on! That got masked and resprayed. Here’s what used to be a model of 37027.

image.png.6878fe7141ca7a807e05a35487104f97.png

Sir - you have talent .................... 👍

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
On 17/02/2024 at 16:52, Dicky L said:

Does that confirm that 714 is not on its way and is in fact in production, just like the others?

Hi Dicky,

714 is arriving with Batch 2 in Q2, almost finished production! 

19 hours ago, SouthernBlue80s said:

To save me wading through 334 pages,

have Accurascale produced a blue plated split headcode version yet, like 37049 pictured?

Or if not do they plan to? Thanks

Screenshot_20240220_144539_DuckDuckGo.jpg.546a779ff512f121141b5a4061b61a59.jpg

Hi @SouthernBlue80s,

It is certainly a condition that is in our future.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, 97406 said:

A nasty case of Split Box….

Sounds slightly better than a banger blue growler I guess....

Putting myself on the naughty step for the rest of the day now.

Cheers!

Fran 

• Funny 15