Accurascale's First Steam Locomotive; GWR Collett 78xx Manor Class!

• RMweb Gold
57 minutes ago, Covkid said:

I just wonder how many would "upgrade" their existing Hornby black fives to new Accurascale models. They might as well go for the big one after developing something like the Manor of which there were only thirty built.

And of course, another class which must have exceeded the Black 5s in number were the 57XX and 8750 panniers. I'm sure plenty of folk would be looking to upgrade, if Accurascale were to produce one of those!

Happy Christmas all at Accurascale and on this thread!

• Like 1
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

14 minutes ago, Accurascale Fran said:

Hi @Miss Prism,

We'll look into it.

Merry Christmas!

Fran 

Wow , wheels to Ultrascale/Gibson standards ! Now , if they may be arranged to fit on extended axles for EM …. bliss .

Fran , you mention stay alive- will that work on analogue ? Pardon this stupid question from a dinosaur.

Merry Christmas to all and especially Accurascale buddies .

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
Just now, 1466 said:

Wow , wheels to Ultrascale/Gibson standards ! Now , if they may be arranged to fit on extended axles for EM …. bliss .

Fran , you mention stay alive- will that work on analogue ? Pardon this stupid question from a dinosaur.

Merry Christmas to all and especially Accurascale buddies .

Unfortunately Stay Alive is a DCC only possibility, but you will still benefit from the tractive performance, weight, etc. 

• RMweb Gold

Hi everyone,

Just to let you know we're closed now till Jan 6th as per this post 

So, if you see any urgent points on the Manor (or anything else!) that you feel needs pointing out, please email it to support@accurascale.co.uk and we will take a look at it upon our return.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Fran 

• Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Miss Prism said:

It's the flare of the spoke to the front face of the boss.

Doesn't look too far off to me looking at an enlargement of the bogie wheel - there is definitely a flare from the spoke to the wheel boss and at the tyre end -

100284747_bogiewheel.jpg.1642fa259b331d0a411ef84a0bdeff3c.jpg693343087_Untitled2.jpg.ddcab0cd7b844e8d5d515b63a1a19c01.jpg

881963047_realone.jpg.de07a8f5dbe32618f1d9b32610c96770.jpg

Untitled 2 crp.jpg

Edited by The Stationmaster
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

One thing people pick out on earlier Hornby locomotives I'm afraid, it looks like the axles are a 'little prominent' shall we say ... unusual for A/S.

Al.

As per posts above and the blog they are samples and the production axles will be fully blackened and polished down. 

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...

Just a simple question. Have Erlestoke Manor on order, DCC-Ready, and am contemplating which decoder to install when it arrives. The blurb suggests that Stay-Alive caps are fitted but is this applicable to just the sound version or will the DCC-Ready version have them fitted? Thanks.

On 21/12/2021 at 10:44, Accurascale Fran said:

Perhaps when we publish videos of it running in the new year, or when they arrive and are on the shelves, you can make your mind up then?

Cheers! Fran 

Will that will include a non DCC one running as well?

• RMweb Gold
25 minutes ago, geoffers said:

Just a simple question. Have Erlestoke Manor on order, DCC-Ready, and am contemplating which decoder to install when it arrives. The blurb suggests that Stay-Alive caps are fitted but is this applicable to just the sound version or will the DCC-Ready version have them fitted? Thanks.

DCC stay alive banks are fitted as standard to all of our locomotives. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, confused said:

Will that will include a non DCC one running as well?

We will be showcasing both DC running and DCC sound features.  

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, McC said:

We will be showcasing both DC running and DCC sound features.  

Thank you, us DC only users often seem to be forgotten, despite my local shop saying 90% of loco sales are DC only.  Now black or green, hmmm. :rolleyes:

Edited by Guest

• RMweb Gold

Santa brought a copy of Neil Parkhouse’s latest Gloucestershire tome …. A gold mine as always.

Several shots of Manors at Gloucester in 65 including a double header with 7813 and 3500 gal tender with GWR on tender plus 7808 with 4000 gal tender.

Great stuff! 

• Like 2
  • Round of applause 2

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, maico said:

Does the sound version work on DC like the Deltic seems to ?

Absolutely, another standard feature of all of our locomotives. 

• Like 2

On 24/12/2021 at 11:27, McC said:

Unfortunately Stay Alive is a DCC only possibility, but you will still benefit from the tractive performance, weight, etc. 

38 minutes ago, McC said:

Absolutely, another standard feature of all of our locomotives. 

Eh, which is correct, as a DC user only, how would sound work?

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, confused said:

Eh, which is correct, as a DC user only, how would sound work?

Stay-alive only works on AC power (ie: DCC)

With a sound chip installed, the loco will run on DC and DCC, and on DC, will provide chuffing sound when running, and 'random' squeal and whistles, which are not controllable. 

Hope that helps :)

• Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, McC said:

1/ Stay-alive only works on AC power (ie: DCC)

2/ With a sound chip installed, the loco will run on DC and DCC, and on DC, will provide chuffing sound when running, and 'random' squeal and whistles, which are not controllable. 

I am a DC Luddite.

1/ Understand that.

2/  Never heard of this before, would a sound chip only work on any makes DCC ready locos?  For me sound was the only benefit of DCC.  I am fascinated.