Bachmann Spring Announcments 2023

Chris56057

• RMweb Gold

Ah, the 'Glorious First' (if February).   The day this wishlist turns into a mixture of cries of delight,  the usual moans about prices, and no doubt the inevitable 'nothing in it for me'.   Maybe this thread could be kept open for that sort of thing, especially moans about prices, while the release thread is just about any new releases - nah, I've just seen a squadron of Gloicester Old Spots passing overhead so that's the end of that idea.👀

PS Will EFE also be involved in an announcement - if there is anything to announce there?

• Like 3
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
17 hours ago, davidw said:

I think the length is correct at 63'. It the Thompson matchboard BG, which is 61'. As is said they have the CAD ( n gauge) it would be a nice surprise.

If we're getting into things Bachmann have the N-gauge CAD for which might  appear in the OO range I wonder if an 8F is possibility?

• Like 1

I'd be surprised if there were any new toolings but I expect a few reliveries.  I do hope though they do a re-run of blue-grey Mk2f coaches with at least a 3x bigger batch of TSOs.  I know the prices will probably be knocking on the door of a ton for the DCC light versions but they are really the only air conditioned vehicles which can hold their own detail wise against the photos of the Accurascale Mk2bs so I'd be prepared to suck it up for a rake.  They very seldom appear on Tatbay and when they do the prices reach telephone number figures so even if they came out at a ton a pop it would still probably work out cheaper.

• Like 2
  • Agree 4

• RMweb Premium
On 25/01/2023 at 17:59, peterfgf said:

Centre car for Class 101 would be nice but I'm not holding my breath.  I've got the Lima version but it a bit dated now.

Peteerfgf

On 25/01/2023 at 18:10, Phil Bullock said:

The DTC would also need retooling to become a DMC for a 3 car set….

A centre car for the Class 101 would be nice, but this is also complicated by the fact that the height of the windows on the existing model isn't quite right, which I presume is why a green version with a single horizontal band below the windows including the cab front hasn't been done. Would Bachmann want to produce new toolings that matched the error (and no doubt be criticised for doing so), or start again? I'd leave well alone until the tooling was worn out and produce something else high up on the wish lists (120, 116) instead.

However, I suspect we'll see more 117s (plain BR blue with gangways please) before that.

Edited by brushman47544
addition
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Premium
35 minutes ago, brushman47544 said:

A centre car for the Class 101 would be nice, but this is also complicated by the fact that the height of the windows on the existing model isn't quite right, which I presume is why a green version with a single horizontal band below the windows including the cab front hasn't been done. Would Bachmann want to produce new toolings that matched the error (and no doubt be criticised for doing so), or start again? I'd leave well alone until the tooling was worn out and produce something else high up on the wish lists (120, 116) instead.

However, I suspect we'll see more 117s (plain BR blue with gangways please) before that.

Maybe a 116?  Could they have tooled it at the sametime as the 117. When Kernow first announced it (it was taken over by Bachmann) mention was of 116 and 117.  I always thought they should have done the 116 as it was much more widespread eg The Valleys, Midlands and Scotland .  Trouble is it will be pricey !

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Krieghoff said:

My money is on an announcement of the new class 69. 👍👍👍😁😁

That's not a bad shout that. The timing would probably be about right if they got their skates on.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, E100 said:

That's not a bad shout that. The timing would probably be about right if they got their skates on.

Well seeing as the existing class 69s are all going back to Progress Rail for rectification, it would certainly give the guys from Barwell a fabulous photographic opportunity or two. Is there room on site to get all seven locos in as well as 69008 onwards which are in works.

• Like 1