Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David. That’s a delightful replacement set of photo’s of Sleaford. The last photo’ of an unidentified class 44, on an up goods train, in January, 1977, is a most excellent portrait shot of the locomotive. On enlarging the photo’, it maybe the last digit is a 4. If so, that would make it 44004.

The latest Morpeth photo’s are an excellent set, and in J9404, with a two car power twin of class 101, on a Newcastle to Alnmouth  service, in January, 1988, it is giving a good impression of a steam locomotive with the thick white exhaust. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, again, David. That’s a fascinating selection of photo’s of the Middleton Railway at Claytons works in Leeds from early September, 1965. J362, of the Sentinel engine, is of particular interest from the LNER point of view. I cannot recall whether that particular example was ex-LNER or not. The ex-GWR, former broad gauge, steam crane, and tram, J367, will be of interest to all those who like the GWR, with some good details to be seen of the crane.

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Dave, 

Just to say thank you for your continued posting from your marvellous photo collection, 'm really enjoying some of your 'replacements' which I hadn't seen first time round, due to the comparatively late date I first discovered your thread.

Wishing you and those who follow your thread the Best possible Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Wholeheartedly agree with Corneliuslundie that you deserve the day off from posting here tomorrow.

Regards,

John

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, DaveF said:

Hopefully they will display correctly as they have a suitable colour profile.

Displaying perfectly well here Dave, on an Apple Laptop running Safari.

Thanks so much for continuing to post these pictures which are both entertaining and informative, daily.  Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year!

• Agree 4
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks David for keeping us entertained on a daily basis for another year. Hope you can find some form of enjoyment tomorrow,  I feel for you dearly as I lost my mum earlier this week 

• Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 11

I'll never catch up with the 18 pages that I have missed since last on here, but I will have a look over the next few days.

All the best at what must be a difficult time of year for you this year. 

Seasons Greetings and here's to 2023.

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold

Good evening, David.

Firstly, I hope you can have a good day tomorrow, and please don’t worry about posting photo’s if you don’t feel able to.

Now, those black and white photo’s of Trent Junction, from the early 1950’s are all displaying correctly, and are such gems. The first photo’ of a  2F, on an up goods train, c1949, seems, on enlarging the photo’, to be 43807, which, combined with the boiler side handrails being on the same level with the one on the smokebox, and the height of the chimney, a class 3F.
The photo’s of the Kent and East Sussex Railway at Tenterden in the 1970’s photo’s are a delightful selection, and the last one of Terrier, number 10, Sutton, & No 26, leaving, in September, 1978, is a most delightful three quarter shot of the Terrier. 

With warmest regards,

Rob.

• Like 1

Dave.

As others have said, thanks for your postings, and have a Merry Christmas and a good New Year.

If it is 43807 as 'Market65' states, it was a 1906, Deeley 3F, later re-built by Fowler with a Belpaire boiler.

It was allocated to 15C Leicester in 1952, but had gone by 1955. (info' from Combines and Locoshed Books).

Andy. (I have got nothing better to do on Christmas Eve).🎅

Edited by andytrains
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, andytrains said:

Dave.

As others have said, thanks for your postings, and have a Merry Christmas and a good New Year.

If it is 43807 as 'Market65' states, it was a 1906, Deeley 3F, later re-built by Fowler with a Belpaire boiler.

It was allocated to 15C Leicester in 1952, but had gone by 1955. (info' from Combines and Locoshed Books).

Andy. (I have got nothing better to do on Christmas Eve).🎅

Nothing better to do! Research is always good. What is fun is using the formula at the front of the Ian Allen spotters books to work out the tractive effort of the listed locomotives and see if it matches! Try it. You will still be sitting there 4 hours later......🤪

• Like 1
  • Funny 2

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, LMS2968 said:

Nice to see a photo of 8666 in earlier times. I have several shots of this engine, which showed its displeasure at the coming end of steam and winning immortality by dropping off the track at Rose Grove on 2 August 1968.

48666 derailed Rose Grove - 48773 in background 02.08.68 web.jpg

Actually Dave's earlier photo is of 48466 ...

• Like 1