Class 37, by Accurascale

1 minute ago, SHerr said:

There are a few that do overlap just not many, The thing is I have 043 on order and I think that was mid 85 into LL. I have wondered about renumbering it to 081 which I think went LL in mid/late 84 but not sure I’m brave enough.

There’s also the option of trying to get the white stripe off and having plain blue with headlight but not sure how easy that will be either. 

37081 was the first one that was actually repainted at Eastfield and they hadn’t yet received the large transfers so these were instead painted on and the font on the numbers was wrong. Also 081 was an RSH example. It’s a bit of a minefield isn’t it? Depends how fussy you are about smudging time zones.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, mallaig1983 said:

37081 was the first one that was actually repainted at Eastfield and they hadn’t yet received the large transfers so these were instead painted on and the font on the numbers was wrong. Also 081 was an RSH example. It’s a bit of a minefield isn’t it? Depends how fussy you are about smudging time zones.

Thanks, I wasn’t sure where it sat in the minefield of variants! I probably need to stop being so pedantic about dates and just run under an 84/5 banner. Now, just need those Centre Headcode 37/0’s with car lights that they are going to announce!!!

• Agree 3

On 01/06/2022 at 22:23, McC said:

We would plan to produce bespoke crew for all of our locomotives which have been perfectly fitted to our seats and consoles. (Or footplates)

Not sure ASLEF will be happy about all it's members who drive Deltics being double amputees......

Someone who makes a BR Wheelchair in OO is gonna make a fortune....  

Edited by Torbay Express
Error
  • Funny 4

• RMweb Premium
On 30/05/2022 at 19:38, SHerr said:

More like these I was thinking

image.jpeg.0d523f2c281c41a84a96f29f02a2f525.jpeg

image.jpeg.88c349ab714346e1c1db5aa9154dcc81.jpeg

37188 has the headboard clips which 37260 and 37264 don’t, so two nose toolings with the headlight in the high position would be needed. I quite like the fact that 37264 had a baby Westie rather than the standard adult version.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 minutes ago, Northmoor MPD said:

Class 37 no. 37093 @ Haltwhistle, 23/07/1985 [slide 8599]

Wouldn’t mind seeing this as a Accurascale Exclusive 😛😉

Some of the old Lima ones go for £100+ these days!

And for those that don’t understand: 

Roy

• Like 2
  • Funny 3

2 hours ago, ColinK said:

While in 1984 we see 043 and 027 both with white stripes. https://vimeo.com/227151759  Fast forward to 3 minutes.

Also worth noting and I know it’s not In Accurascale’s line up here, but in case anyone is considering a renumber but as we’re talking Eastfield Beasties 37026 never carried the white stripe.

Edited by mallaig1983

• RMweb Premium
On 03/06/2022 at 08:21, aeroplane said:

Last night was the first time 37425 has worked a test train in RR livery I think. So if you are getting the Accurascale 425, you can now model this

37425 Manchester Victoria

(not my photo!)

You need an NVA ex-motorrail van as well.....

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, ColinK said:

Fast forward to 35 minutes for some Scottish 37 action from 1983 on here https://vimeo.com/272334011

Thanks for sharing the link Colin. I’ve just watched a little bit of that on my phone at work (tea break 😉) and they’re going on the big screen for the full length version when I get home in the morning. Absolutely cracking stuff. Thank you 

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold
56 minutes ago, Michael Hodgson said:

Well of course, they'll be doing the driver for the APT too.  But will their 37 crew include the rozzer?

Allegedly will come with two … both called Nick!

• Funny 3

14 minutes ago, ERIC ALLTORQUE said:

Only in Britain,who knew the town council had a sence of humour.

Sadly, I think someone’s just been have fun on Google Maps. On street view, the signs say “Europa Link” and the postcode doesn’t mention Letsby Avenue on the Royal Mail site, although there are Letsby Avenues elsewhere.

4 minutes ago, No Decorum said:

Sadly, I think someone’s just been have fun on Google Maps. On street view, the signs say “Europa Link” and the postcode doesn’t mention Letsby Avenue on the Royal Mail site, although there are Letsby Avenues elsewhere.

It's on Streetmap too.

If you want the police in St Ives you go down Pig Lane, but Cambridgeshire has no sense of humour as the street changes its name to Broad Leas just in time for the cop shop.

When I was working in London, the postal address of the City of London police HQ used to be "Old Bill, Old Jewry", but they moved out of that building a few years ago.

• Funny 1