Dave F's photos - ongoing - more added each day

Guest B Exam

C4338 is the coffee and cream SYPTE class 114 DMU by the looks of it.

Mike.

That wasn't painted until 1983. The photo is dated 1979. To my eyes its in the refurbished all over white with blue stripe livery.

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Lovely photo's this evening from Beighton and Dore. The first one, C4337 of class 37, 37201 at Beighton in January, 1979, is a classic. A great shot of the 37. The class 114 DMU in question in C4338, is in the refurbished white with a blue waist-band. I enlarged the photo', and it is much easier to see the livery.

All the best,

Market65.

• RMweb Gold

C4338 is the coffee and cream SYPTE class 114 DMU by the looks of it.

Mike.

That wasn't painted until 1983. The photo is dated 1979. To my eyes its in the refurbished all over white with blue stripe livery.

Hi, Dave. Lovely photo's this evening from Beighton and Dore. The first one, C4337 of class 37, 37201 at Beighton in January, 1979, is a classic. A great shot of the 37. The class 114 DMU in question in C4338, is in the refurbished white with a blue waist-band. I enlarged the photo', and it is much easier to see the livery.

All the best,

Market65.

On the original scan it is clearly in the refurbished livery, also my notes made on the day say refurbished livery.

I thought I had a photo of the one in the SYPTE livery, but not according to my notes .  I know I saw it but for some reason didn't photograph it.

David

Edited by DaveF

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of the ECML at Swayfield. Photo' C363 has what would seem to be a Gresley Buffet as the fifth vehicle. Then in photo' C368 there would appear to be a possible Thompson contender in the fifth vehicle in the formation.

All the best,

Market65.

1A11 is the 09:00 Hull-KX (with an extra TSO on the front it should be the FSO train. 4th coach should be LFK E14900)

The class 40 is on 2N45 the down Highwayman Finsbury Park-Newcastle (normally with a Thomson RB)

The 47 on an up train is the 09:20 Leeds-KX (with Bradford & Halifax portions at the rear, out of sight)

1N18 is the 15:00 KX-Newcastle

1N10 is the 11:00 KX-Newcastle (which would normally have been Deltic-hauled)

• Like 1

Hi, Dave. Excellent photo's of the ECML at Swayfield. Photo' C363 has what would seem to be a Gresley Buffet as the fifth vehicle. Then in photo' C368 there would appear to be a possible Thompson contender in the fifth vehicle in the formation.

All the best,

Market65.

The fifth vehicle in C368 is a Mk1 RKB

• RMweb Premium

attachicon.gifg Lune Gorge Virgin Class 220 down ex pass 19th July 03 C26295.jpg

Lune Gorge Virgin Class 220 down ex pass 19th July 03 C26295

Just catching up with the thread.

C26295 is a Class 221 as it's a five-car set. (There were originally 34 four car 220's,  four 4-car 221's with 40 5-car 221 sets as the original build. One of the four car 221's was split to make two others into 5 sets)

As for quality of picture - keep 'em coming, even if they are battered slides. The quality is in the content displayed.

Cheers,

Mick

A few photos taken in Leeds at various times for this evening.

Sometimes when visiting somewhere you simply have to put up with dreadful light and try to come home with some sort of photo.  This was much harder in film days when you couldn't see the results until the film was processed.  Some of these photos were taken on days like that.

...and all the better for that!

• RMweb Gold

Hi, Dave. Love the photo's of Leeds. The first one, J697, with 4MT 43130, is a good example of the everyday steam railway as in the final days of steam. In photo' C739, I think that the class 101 unit will be a replacement for a failed class 124 DMC (Trans-Pennine). This happened every so often, for I remember seeing a class 104 DMCL standing in for a class 124 DMC as the unit left Hull for Liverpool in the late '60's.

All the best,

Market65.

That looks like an ex-SR Van B behind the Class 47 D1961 on 1M86 (C761). But then they did get everywhere...

I'm always on the lookout for the ex-SR four-wheel vans (CCT/PMV) in Dave pictures, but completely missed that one of their bogie cousin! :blush: