RMweb

KRModels announce a GT3 Model

micklner

"....GT3 locomotive model in BR Black Early Crest and BR Green Late Crest colours -- expertly crafted to capture the spirit and charm of the original."

Wow, I had no idea GT3 actually ran in BR black and green liveries. Every day's a school day 😜!

• Like 3
  • Funny 4

Just to add I haven,t bought any KR items yet because they,re outside my interest. Have been watching the Leader and Bullied DD with interest but have been holding off to see something more concrete. Now with the attitude of the email not sure I will bother at all. So one potential customer put off.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Halvarras said:

“expertly crafted to capture the spirit and charm of the original."

Ambassador, with these GT3s you are really spoiling us……

F77F3B63-9D3C-49FE-BCC8-CE0763D60001.jpeg.089ba04a8c95925d708d9ae4c46c8220.jpeg

Edited by big jim
  • Round of applause 1
  • Funny 14

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, woodenhead said:

I’m not sure someone can give advice that something is an investment, if it doesn’t rise in value could he be accused of miss selling?

Warning: The value of your investment may go down as well as up.  😁

• Funny 5

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, jjb1970 said:

There may indeed be an investment opportunity here, buy one then sue KR for mis-selling when the value doesn't skyrocket🤣🤣

hmm…

2x GT3  or 1 gold sovereign, both c£400

which will do better ?

• Like 3

Hi Everyone,

Just to lighten things up a bit- this thread seems to be in danger of ignition!

I have at the moment two GT3s. Neither were bought from KR and my intention only ever was to have one sound fitted version.

The first one I bought turned out to be a non sound DCC version, but I got confused by KR's non standard terminology which the seller also used, and there being a sound function sheet with a non sound model! 

The non sound version is due to be sold, but I might wait until all this nonsense (in my view!) of fictitious liveries dies down.  

As a relative outsider, it seems to me if KR want to be taken seriously by the modelling fraternity, then they need to find some mainstream models to do, either of something that has not been done before (admittedly difficult!), or a serious update of something that Bachmann, Hornby et Al, have done some years back and are not inclined to update (Must be loads of these!)?

Lets give KR a helping hand by making some suggestions?

Happy Modelling!!

Paul  

• Like 1

Second email arrived today,  great that something is being given to charity, but I don't want one GT3 let alone two!  Still taking it for amusement value.  Don't really want to unsubscribe just because the man wants to sell models.

20 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Hi Everyone,

Just to lighten things up a bit- this thread seems to be in danger of ignition!

I have at the moment two GT3s. Neither were bought from KR and my intention only ever was to have one sound fitted version.

The first one I bought turned out to be a non sound DCC version, but I got confused by KR's non standard terminology which the seller also used, and there being a sound function sheet with a non sound model! 

The non sound version is due to be sold, but I might wait until all this nonsense (in my view!) of fictitious liveries dies down.  

As a relative outsider, it seems to me if KR want to be taken seriously by the modelling fraternity, then they need to find some mainstream models to do, either of something that has not been done before (admittedly difficult!), or a serious update of something that Bachmann, Hornby et Al, have done some years back and are not inclined to update (Must be loads of these!)?

Lets give KR a helping hand by making some suggestions?

Happy Modelling!!

Paul  

Class 40 or Mica vans not mainstream enough?

Jason

• Agree 4

• RMweb Gold

Actually it would be very simple for KR to be taken seriously -

1. Cut all then turgid prose and inaccuracies in their ads and emails - it just makes them look amateurish.

2. Actually get something, anything, right at the time they start promoting/announcing it and before they put EPs or anything further along into the public arena.  They got the Consett hoppers tight in the end but it took massive feedback on RMweb to achieve that.  There are errors in either description or various photos of everything they've announced recently - complex rooflines are one thing (not easy to get righ) but an opening of the incorrect size in the flat side of something is very hard to excuse, as are pink wheelsets.   They're now on their fourth wagon so by now they should have got the hang of things but still there is room for doubt and that puts off potential buyers

3.  So take the tip from elsewhere and under-promise but over-deliver,  And get it right first time (which saves them money).

Put those things right and people will gradually change their views and begin to think that the can pre-order with confidence.  Simples.

• Like 2
  • Agree 9

1 hour ago, Steamport Southport said:

Class 40 or Mica vans not mainstream enough?

Jason

Jason,

The class 40 is a good start, but the the Mica is , IMHO, marginal. Others of the newer entrants have started in wagons with something that shares a chassis with many prototypes and gradually expanded to the other items on the same chassis. I don't think the Mica's chassis supports much else?

The whole KR range, seems to me, a bit of a scattergun approach. And, as others have said, build quality and accuracy need to improve.

I do think the GT3 is an excellent model, but unfortunately too limited in its appeal. 

So how about a 2023 approach to the early "modern" wagons such as the MEA,HEA etc.?

Cheers

Paul 

• Agree 1

29 minutes ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Jason,

The class 40 is a good start, but the the Mica is , IMHO, marginal. Others of the newer entrants have started in wagons with something that shares a chassis with many prototypes and gradually expanded to the other items on the same chassis. I don't think the Mica's chassis supports much else?

The whole KR range, seems to me, a bit of a scattergun approach. And, as others have said, build quality and accuracy need to improve.

I do think the GT3 is an excellent model, but unfortunately too limited in its appeal. 

So how about a 2023 approach to the early "modern" wagons such as the MEA,HEA etc.?

Cheers

Paul 

The GWR X8 MICA that KR Models are doing shares a chassis that can be used with the earlier X7 diagram and the Tevan. Bar that I'd have to look through my reference books.

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Tallpaul69 said:

At the moment, MEH might be more appropriate? 🤡

• Funny 8

• RMweb Premium

I've no particular feeling one way or the other on KR but those emails are diabolical pieces of writing. I can see what effect they were going to, but among the many faults they seem a great case of using a heck of a lot of words to say very little. As others have said, it's great that people try, but I do wish sometimes people would realise their limitations, and realise that although its often dismissed as nitpicking, the good, proper and appropriate use of language actually does matter, and cases like this prove that. 

• Like 4
  • Agree 2

13 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

The class 40 is a good start

Cheers

Paul 

I agree with this, but the problem KR Models really seems to face is that no one is even willing to give it a chance. We haven't even seen CAD for their 40 yet and people are already saying that 'the old Bachmann one is better' and to 'wait for a proper company to make one'.

They're in a tricky spot, how do you improve your reputation if people don't seem to want to let you improve it?

• Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
30 minutes ago, HExpressD said:

They're in a tricky spot, how do you improve your reputation if people don't seem to want to let you improve it?

By making models with fewer errors.

• Agree 9

• RMweb Premium

By doing proper research.

By taking on board feedback, suggestions and constructive criticism without making out the community is attacking you.

By concentrating on the models that will sell and not fall into the fictional livery trap that ends with dead stock.

By actually communicating like Accurascale, Rapido, Revolution, etc do and not treating the community like the enemy but a resource.

Edited by Obsidian Quarry
  • Like 2
  • Agree 13

15 hours ago, Tallpaul69 said:

Their unique selling point is doing these odd prototypes. 

The issue is these letters are very US in marketing style that we Brits won't buy into (being mild). When I read these mails especially title such as "Did you miss something?", are they expecting me to actually reply and state, yes i got the mail but this offer does not appeal to me? 

Also are we now to be divided into believers and non-believers? Us vs Them?

People do not buy products because they exist but because they think they will benefit from them.

• Like 3
  • Agree 1