KR Models to make SR Class 4DD

Martin_R

The latest image does look closer to the real thing, though the 'fat' prysmatic windows are unlikely to capture the flush glazing of the original. Despite that, I will almost certainly go for one having travelled to school on it right up to its final days and repeatedly called for it on wishlists. I am not sure I can cope with the expense and storage of a prototypical pair, though. And I await the final overall height with a nervous eye on some of my shallower tunnel and bridge clearances.      

• Like 3

Be good to see the blue decorated version - Looks close enough although I think the headcode panel needs raising as a whole just a wee bit to make it level with the top of the front windows - I'm definately having one ........................ cos I came from an era when a Manufacturer would try a convince people this was a Class 37 ..................

Edited by Southernman46
Too tired to explain why
  • Like 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, Southernman46 said:

Be good to see the blue decorated version - Looks close enough although I think the headcode panel needs raising as a whole just a wee bit to make it level with the top of the front windows - I'm definately having one ........................ cos I came from an era when a Manufacturer would try a convince people this was a Class 37 ..................

R751.jpg

It was first produced almost 60 years ago and is recognisably at Class 37 (as opposed, say, to a Deltic, Class 40, or Baby Deltic). I'm not sure what your point is.

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Nconsistent said:

I am not sure I can cope with the expense and storage of a prototypical pair,

My reading of the KR Models web page is that they are sold as a four car set.  Unless you meant all eight vehicles coupled together.

"We will be producing both running numbers as 4 car packs. There will be 2 power cars,..."

1 hour ago, melmoth said:

It was first produced almost 60 years ago and is recognisably at Class 37 (as opposed, say, to a Deltic, Class 40, or Baby Deltic). I'm not sure what your point is.

My point was I don't mind a few errors as in the past when I first started playing with trains we to had to use slightly more imagination - not quite as accurate as the norm we get today 🙄 Don't be too literal about trying to understand it please

Never mind

Edited by Southernman46
Context
  • Like 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Colin_McLeod said:

My reading of the KR Models web page is that they are sold as a four car set.  Unless you meant all eight vehicles coupled together.

"We will be producing both running numbers as 4 car packs. There will be 2 power cars,..."

They seldom ran as 4-cars. The whole point was their extra capacity in the peak. 

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

They certainly seem to have captured the correct window into roof profile and I think they have also corrected the cab window shape. Looking forward to receiving my ordered model.

I had an uncle and aunt who lived in Lewisham and had a house that backed onto the line there. I often saw these sets run past the back of their house, but never had a ride on one.

Ray

Edited by wainwright1
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Premium
Just now, wainwright1 said:

They certainly seem to have captured the correct window into roof profile and I think they have also corrected the cab window shape.

If that is the case, it's a first - and one to be celebrated!

Maybe there is life after the 'Fell'?

CJI.

• Like 2

The latest image does look closer to the real thing, though the 'fat' prysmatic windows are unlikely to capture the flush glazing of the original. Despite that, I will almost certainly go for one having commuted on it right up to its final days and repeatedly called for it on wishlists. I am not sure I can cope with the expense and storage of a prototypical pair, though. And I await the final overall height with a nervous eye on some of my shallower tunnel and bridge clearances.      

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We've moved house. I have tried to contact KRModels via email and their 'Contact Us' page on their website so our new address can be added to my order for the 4DD. I am reluctant to phone the Canadian telephone number for obvious reasons. Given they have had a presence at UK exhibitions with people that don't have a Canadian accent, I presume they have a UK base.

There latest full page advert in BRM also doesn't have a contact number.

I've tried phoning one of the big model shops but they don't want to give out a number. Any idea how to get in touch? 

I must say it is a bit off-putting having parted with so much money and now not able to make a simple phone call, or have the courtesy of a response after several weeks. All the other places I deal with it has been a really simple process to update my information.

• Friendly/supportive 4

• RMweb Premium
10 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

We've moved house. I have tried to contact KRModels via email and their 'Contact Us' page on their website so our new address can be added to my order for the 4DD. I am reluctant to phone the Canadian telephone number for obvious reasons. Given they have had a presence at UK exhibitions with people that don't have a Canadian accent, I presume they have a UK base.

I've tried phoning one of the big model shops but they don't want to give out a number. Any idea how to get in touch? 

I must say it is a bit off-putting having parted with so much money and now not able to make a simple phone call, or have the courtesy of a response after several weeks. All the other places I deal with it has been a really simple process to update my information.

Symptomatic of their entire approach to business - give us yer money and don't be a nuisance!

CJI.

• RMweb Premium
14 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

I fully understand , but its not unusual . Have you tried getting someone human in the bank or your gas supplier these days ?

Aren't they on Facebook you might get contact that way .  Failing that that direct mailing Jenny Emily on here , I know she has done repairs for them and maybe able to forward details . 

Edited by Legend
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Gold

From what I can gather from reading KR Models threads, they communicate primarily through Facebook/Meta rather than through conventional business methods.   Not much use if you are not on Facebook/Meta.

For this and other reasons I have placed any KR Models orders that I have with a “conventional” retailer based in cutlery related city.

I get the impression that KR Models has grown beyond its means as a company and is struggling with communication.  They also don’t seem to deal well with conflict or problems - but there are much larger companies with the same affliction.

Cheers

Darius

Edited by Darius43
  • Like 4
  • Agree 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

49 minutes ago, Fishplate said:

I believe Michael, the son, is UK based. You might like to try this e-mail address: michael@krmodels.co.uk

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Trofimow said:

It is on display together with br black leader and looking quite nice. The leader does now have BFB pattern wheels.

Thanks for the information on the wheel pattern, I made a comment on their FB page regarding this, along with an image of one that had fallen off lol 😅

• Like 2

On 21/11/2023 at 09:18, No Decorum said:

I believe Michael, the son, is UK based. You might like to try this e-mail address: michael@krmodels.co.uk

Thanks @No Decorum . Email dispatched today. With delivery now advertised as Q1 2024, I don't want a 4DD going to my old address. . . . Its nearly eight weeks since I first emailed them 🤔