☆ SWAG Members Day- SUNDAY 28th APRIL 2024☆

NHY 581

• RMweb Gold

Thanks to all involved for an excellent meet up today. Some inspirational modelling on show, together with great woffle and cakes …. Especially the Welsh ones! Didn’t spend too much … just a wagon kit and some plates and bits from @mozzer models. Excellent company for the drive down from @Downendian a bonus! 

• Like 6
  • Agree 1

Now home, Ruyton back in its lair and I'm enjoying a cuppa. Thanks to Rob for both the invitation and organising a fantastic day. Lots of talking and some great modelling on show. Many kind comments which are really appreciated.

Paul

• Like 8

• RMweb Gold

I had a wonderful afternoon, many thanks to all who organised and worked hard. The modelling on display was awesome. Here's hoping there's enough in the kitty for a 2025 gig. @St Enodoc, your pasty was gorgeous, as were the cakes.

• Like 7
  • Round of applause 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

We had a great day with Cropper Street - it's always a good show when you don't need the tool box, soldering iron and spare parts....I did however take far too much stock and will need to rationalise that massively before Cropper Street's next show in late May at Stow. (Basically once I put the SLW 24 and 25 on that's it apart from a short session with the PI Victory....)

My thanks to Rob for all he did to get this set up and also to the Pasty Team and B&B  Czar.........plus my operators.....we had a pre-show session and a few "areas for improvement" were identified. Getting those sorted before the show made a real difference.

BTW I thought Rob had assembled a superb selection of exhibits....let's hope we can keep up the standard in 2025.....

Chris H

Edited by Gilbert
  • Like 13
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Thanks to all involved in putting the show together - I had a thoroughly enjoyable morning! And great to see some of the wonderful layouts from RMWeb in the flesh - very inspiring!

Jon T

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold

Home down west again, thanks to Rob & team for the organising, catering and typical excellent quality of the exhibits.

Thanks to all who stopped to chat at my demo table too.

• Like 10
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
30 minutes ago, Gilbert said:

My photos are here..

SWAG Staplegrove 2024

as always disorganised and so far uncaptionned but it gives a flavour..

Chris H

Thanks for this. Having failed to attend again this year, it is lovely to see what the members brung. And I certainly recognised several of the layouts. So glad the day was another Gunstone & Co success. 

• Like 6
  • Agree 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
On 25/04/2024 at 07:06, NHY 581 said:

Daddy_what_did_You_do_in_the_Great_War_-02.jpeg.ae8f4755fd186bed158fef4e533aa890.jpeg

I had a spiffing time thank you!

Lovely to catch up with my "cheerleaders"
@marc smith

@bcnPete & @Rivercider for a pep talk
😁

As usual, a fabulous selection of layouts to provide inspiration and motivation.

Massive thanks to Rob for the organisation and Graham and Peter for the incomparable  catering.

Maybe next year I'll be able to help more on the day instead of running off for domestic duties....

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

Just arrived back in the badlands of Market Harborough. Had a smashing time, good to see a few of the chaps again especially Mr Smith and Mr 46444 (sorry Mark, can't remember your surname. Senility setting in!). Most inspirational, Cath and myself discussed many ways to improve my layouts and Ellie just liked all the fuss and attention. Pasty was splendid, but somehow missed the Welsh cakes! Also pleased to assist with problem solving at the Kyle, although it was Jerry's nimble fingers that eventually solved the problem!

Well done Rob and all the chaps connected with organisation of this rather splendid shindig.....

Disgusting of Market Harborough

PS With your imminent withdrawral from the employment arena Mr Smith, I hope today has kick-started your enthusiasm again for the world of toy trains..

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Just back and sitting here with a cup of tea and reflecting on a very good day out indeed.

Thank you very much to Rob and everyone else who made today's event happen, such a good and happy event with top quality modelling on display and so many friends old and new to talk to - just the best.

It was a shame that CK was unable to be there in person, but his name certainly came up in jolly conversation(!)

Great to put some faces to names, the Welsh Massive were good value, as ever, and it was really nice to be facing Old Parrock and have a good natter with Paul Rhodes, one very talented fellow.

Mention should be made of Graham Muz and his fellow caterers for top notch catering on all fronts, the pasties did not disappoint and the cakes were commendably commodious. It was also really interesting to listen to Graham talking about his involvement with Number 11

So thank you again to Rob and the team and everyone else who visited and made it such a memorable day.

Simon

And great to see Bungus, Cath and Ellie too, hope you all got back OK!

Edited by Not Jeremy
Added Bungus....
  • Like 14
  • Agree 2
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• RMweb Premium
Posted (edited)
On 25/04/2024 at 07:06, NHY 581 said:

Daddy_what_did_You_do_in_the_Great_War_-02.jpeg.ae8f4755fd186bed158fef4e533aa890.jpeg

That's not Daddy - it's Stephen Fry!

CJI.

Edited by cctransuk
  • Like 2
  • Funny 7

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Not Jeremy said:

It was a shame that CK was unable to be there in person, but his name certainly came up in jolly conversation(!)

Thanks, old fruit, I knew that's why my ears were burning...

And I spent part of the day with your jolly nice book about the Titfield Thunderbolt. 

I'm glad everyone seems to have had a good time.

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 8

• RMweb Gold
1 minute ago, Captain Kernow said:

And I spent part of the day with your jolly nice book about the Titfield Thunderbolt. 

Which is a splendid book...my holiday reading from Easter....very much enjoyed...a delight...

• Like 2
  • Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
3 minutes ago, NHY 581 said:

@Godfrey Glyn, @Graham_Muz @peter220950  @Culmhead 

Mrs @mozzer models  @Re6/6 @Brian Harrap 

Well the sums aren't fully done yet but first impressions are that it's a resounding YES!

One reason is the truly astounding amount donated by the visitors today which has provided a rather substantial leg up for next year.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=mr+grace+you've+all+done+very+well&sca_esv=1d62dda5da21c497&sca_upv=1&source=hp&ei=mpcuZvnYO-KqhbIPi-iKkAc&oq=mr+grace+you've+a&gs_lp=EhFtb2JpbGUtZ3dzLXdpei1ocBoCGAIiEW1yIGdyYWNlIHlvdSd2ZSBhKgIIADIFEAAYgAQyBRAAGIAEMgsQABiABBiGAxiKBTILEAAYgAQYhgMYigUyCxAAGIAEGIYDGIoFMgsQABiABBiGAxiKBTILEAAYgAQYhgMYigUyBRAhGKABSJx2UNMLWMpZcAF4AJABAJgB_gGgAYIYqgEGMC4xMC42uAEByAEA-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&sclient=mobile-gws-wiz-hp#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:c2c8b68c,vid:1N4t51IVQ5M,st:0

• Like 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

Well I've now left England and the passport is packed away safely. Thanks Rob and everyone who helped organise yet another fantastic day. Good to see so many familiar faces again.

Martyn

• Like 6

Back home safely, Osney Town packed away and  food eaten, giving us a chance to reflect on the day. We both had a great day, for me putting faces to names and to seeing some layouts I have wanted to see for a long time, and for Sharon just enjoying the day and chatting to everyone. Many thanks to Rob and his team for the organisation , especially the kitchen team. I have to say that my veggie pasty was one of the best I have tasted in a long time. So thanks to all for a brilliant day,

Rob and Sharon

• Like 6
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Gold
4 minutes ago, Captain Kernow said:

Yes, didn't it work the way I did it?

Sorry, I blame incompetence. 

Blame Rob...we all do....

• Craftsmanship/clever 1
  • Funny 2
  • Friendly/supportive 2

• RMweb Premium

Thanks, Rob, for organising such a great show. The selection of layouts and modellers was excellent, and I really enjoyed taking it all in. The lunch time pasty was made in heaven, (Cornwall?)

• Like 5