Accurascale Class 55 Deltic - 4mm scale

• RMweb Gold
7 minutes ago, RHF9019 said:

You are correct. The hatch is there to allow access to the exhauster motors. Obviously that means that the exhauster pipes are also at number 1 end.

Thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.  Bufferbeams will all now be swapped around.

Steve

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Thanks for the confirmation, much appreciated.  Bufferbeams will all now be swapped around.

Steve

Maybe it’s different in China, like water going down the plug hole 🤪

• Funny 3

• RMweb Gold
8 hours ago, Vistisen said:

Now you really are tempting me, But did they ever run through Chard junction?

One did, but only once and it was not in green! 

Edited by Vistisen
spelling

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, atom3624 said:

I have sidelined my KOYLI through derailing when all others stay on.

I was about to replace safely into her storage box, when, yet again, I saw a detached chain.

Beautiful model, but mine has made me very frustrated I must admit.

Al.

Check the problems with the cam mech on the close-coupler earlier in the thread. Fixing that may be enough to get it running without derailing.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium
11 minutes ago, atom3624 said:

I remember reading that originally, but never found the original post.

It may be something worth looking into.  I hope so.

Al.

page before this one we're on now.

Edited by Ian J.
  • Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I am about to reattach some parts to my Deltic. The Accurascale website suggests "For fitment, you will require a set of good quality tweezers" etc. Having already refitted two chains and some other parts it is wise advice!

Can anyone recommend a quality set of tweezers for this job? I thought mine were good but not down to such tiny parts. I have a few more bits stiil to go on...

Syd

• RMweb Gold
34 minutes ago, juke said:

I am about to reattach some parts to my Deltic. The Accurascale website suggests "For fitment, you will require a set of good quality tweezers" etc. Having already refitted two chains and some other parts it is wise advice!

Can anyone recommend a quality set of tweezers for this job? I thought mine were good but not down to such tiny parts. I have a few more bits stiil to go on...

Syd

I use these - https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/252118141908 possibly this seller as well but as usual, can't vouch for them.

I have no doubt there are better ones out there, but for the price they are pretty good.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, juke said:

Syd

I tend to use blutak and a toothpick. I've lost to many bits flying off using tweezers

• Like 1
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

• RMweb Gold

Sharing for information.

As part of the ‘changing of the guard’ on my layout with AS Deltics replacing Bachmann I had the opportunity to try a Legoman Loksound V4 chip in a sound fitted AS Deltic.

3 pertinent initial observations:-

1.       The AS Deltic started smoothly and slowly from speed step 1 (unlike with the supplied V5 project which             even after altering the start volt CV starts at about a scale 5mph)

2.       The bass sound is significantly deeper in Legomans project – in fact with the body off it made the                        speaker vibrate in a loco that didn’t previously exhibit this quirk. I think this also evidences that this                      vibration isn’t the speaker cones touching the circuit board that sits above them with the body on.

3.       No doubt because of the AS’s more appropriate gearing the loco gets to a proper high speed which isnt              possible with the Bachmann version.

With this in mind I tried the AS V5 on the Bachmann chassis. Nothing significant to report apart from the model made the stuttering start as was originally demonstrated by the AS chassis prior to altering the start voltage.

My conclusion then is that at the low speed range the AS supplied V5 is maybe not optimised for the model – there is clearly better performance to be had from the mechanism. Has anyone had positive results tweaking more than the start voltage of the AS project? Secondly, the speaker set up can provide more bass (although note I did get speaker vibration so maybe not at the supplied Legoman volume).

I don’t know how the Legoman project will work with the AS lighting options – didn’t test that this time but I have second Deltic to fettle so I will see what it does with that.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 2

Managed to get a non sound ready KOYLI.

I'll end up getting the Sound chip and speaker from accurascale when there available.

In the meantime what none sound decoders are people using? How many functions will i need on the decoder? 

I have an ESU none sound chip - possibly Bachmann - but reads as 151 ESU in CV8 and an AE Models 6 function chip. Will either of these suffice?

This is the AE chip

https://www.themodelcentre.com/aed-21pd

ive just fitted a blue Bachmann 36-557 to a deltic as a temp measure until i can get the sound upgrade kit they are offering. Bachmann say its a rebadged lokpilot 4.0

F0 works the headcode light as expected in direction of travel. F1 operates the tail lights in one direction and  F2 works the other end.

As i use a prodigy F2 dosent latch so could do with changing it to another button - maybe F3 or F4.

Can anyone tell me how to do it please. I did download the lokpilot manual but just looking at the tables full of figures is enough to make my head explode.

I cant seem to use the cab lights or engine room lights with the current decoder but that was expected as its only a 4 function chip. Having said that  i did try a gaugemaster DCC95 6 function and had the same issue there.

EDIT : Cab lights do actually work on F5 and F6 so its just the engine room lighting so ill probably keep this one in now until i get the sound decoder

Accurascale seem to recommend a lokpilot 5 but looking around theres 2 versions. MKL and MTC. Does it matter which i use?

Edited by meatloaf

• RMweb Gold
11 minutes ago, meatloaf said:

ive just fitted a blue Bachmann 36-557 to a deltic as a temp measure until i can get the sound upgrade kit they are offering. Bachmann say its a rebadged lokpilot 4.0

F0 works the headcode light as expected in direction of travel. F1 operates the tail lights in one direction and  F2 works the other end.

As i use a prodigy F2 dosent latch so could do with changing it to another button - maybe F3 or F4.

Can anyone tell me how to do it please. I did download the lokpilot manual but just looking at the tables full of figures is enough to make my head explode.

I cant seem to use the cab lights or engine room lights with the current decoder but that was expected as its only a 4 function chip. Having said that  i did try a gaugemaster DCC95 6 function and had the same issue there.

Accurascale seem to recommend a lokpilot 5 but looking around theres 2 versions. MKL and MTC. Does it matter which i use?

Why not just order the decoder directly from Accurascale, that way it will arrive with the correct mapping already programmed.  The price is competitive, especially when you consider the free p&p and the 3% "credit" you'll receive.

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/accessories/products/lokpilot-dcc-standard-chip

Steve

• Agree 1

22 minutes ago, 55020 said:

Why not just order the decoder directly from Accurascale, that way it will arrive with the correct mapping already programmed.  The price is competitive, especially when you consider the free p&p and the 3% "credit" you'll receive.

https://www.accurascale.com/collections/accessories/products/lokpilot-dcc-standard-chip

Steve

Makes sense to me just ordered three £83.39 with previous credit applied 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 55020 said:

Steve

Cheers ive ordered one. Only came to £27 with the bit of credit i had left.

When are they due?

Edited by meatloaf
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold
4 hours ago, meatloaf said:

Cheers ive ordered one. Only came to £27 with the bit of credit i had left.

When are they due?

Good question ! Think I've got one of these on order for my non sound Deltic.

Any update on delivery ? @McC

Cheers ! 🙂

• RMweb Gold
55 minutes ago, Matt C said:

Good question ! Think I've got one of these on order for my non sound Deltic.

Any update on delivery ? @McC

Cheers ! 🙂

stuck in customs the last little while :(

we’re hopeful for this week 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1