'Genesis' 4 & 6 wheel coaches in OO Gauge - New Announcement

Hattons Dave

• RMweb Gold
17 minutes ago, gwrrob said:

Non-lit example with a shameful 100% Mark up!!!

Edit: Sorry guys, way too slow with my reply!

Edited by longchap
  • Agree 3

• RMweb Gold
15 minutes ago, amdaley said:

Can't blame them for trying but is there a fool somewhere 🤑

I expect someone will snap it up, as being from a set, it has the different running number of 143 from the standard 154 of the single boxed coach.

Edited by longchap
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 2

3 hours ago, longchap said:

Non-lit example with a shameful 100% Mark up!!!

Has anyone ever sold an item to Hattons and then seen that item listed?  I have always wondered what their mark-up is...

I can't imagine Hattons paying much for an item they just sold out of.

• Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, TheEngineShed said:

Has anyone ever sold an item to Hattons and then seen that item listed?  I have always wondered what their mark-up is...

Admittedly this is from a few years ago, but in my case they roughly doubled what they paid me. 

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 4

• RMweb Gold
59 minutes ago, TheEngineShed said:

Not sure quite how second hand this one may be, described as ''6 wheel - 3rd class / brake - split from set - Pre-owned - Like new box'', it is either a coach from a set not required, so returned to Hattons, or one from a set split by Hattons.

• Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• RMweb Gold
14 hours ago, longchap said:

Not sure quite how second hand this one may be, described as ''6 wheel - 3rd class / brake - split from set - Pre-owned - Like new box'', it is either a coach from a set not required, so returned to Hattons, or one from a set split by Hattons.

It will have been split from a set (as it says) - used to be a common retailer practice in years (long) gone by and I presume it is what has happened here.

• Agree 1

• RMweb Gold
1 hour ago, The Stationmaster said:

It will have been split from a set (as it says) - used to be a common retailer practice in years (long) gone by and I presume it is what has happened here.

I thought that option more probable, as I've bought a Bachmann Hall the same way from Hattons, although at a more realistic price.

Thanks for your confirmation.

Bill

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
On 24/10/2022 at 12:36, amdaley said:

Well its still there 😉

EDIT: I have been on to Hattons about that item & the price is now reduced to £45 in anyone is interested.

Now sold.😉

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium
2 hours ago, Turbo_Tim said:

My set of Southern livery carriages arrived today.  Just need to fit some kadee couplings now.

IMG_20221025_122807~2.jpg

I have found Kadees don't work particularly well on these.

When the coupling is close enough to look reasonable, they buffer lock when being pushed.

On some of them the centering is so slack that the Kadees can push sideways on a longish rake making it even worse.

I have used the Hornby/Roco close couplers which are more rigid and keep a constant distance, leaving Kadees for the end of a rake.

IMHO the coupling mounts let these otherwise exquisite models down. too slack and many of my 14 GWR ones sag badly.

2 hours ago, Turbo_Tim said:

Payment was taken late Thursday evening,

Same here but it was done in three bites

One for the pack of 4, one for the extra coach ordered and one for the postage.🙂

Still waiting for mine.

• Like 3