SOS Junction. If anything happens would someone wake me up please..

Mallard60022

• RMweb Premium

...Firstly If you blokes just went proper DCC you'd only need 2 wires...

I thought that it stood for Don't Cull Cables?

Ribbit

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

May I ask if anyone that frequents this rediculous thread if they have one of those polystyrene cutter things that I might borrow or even buy/swap?

Thanks

Phil

Never used one Phil, always used a 12" hacksaw blade. The hacksaw can be curved and can produce nice flowing curves. The hot wire thingies aren't as flexible IMO and I really don't like the idea of hot polystyrene fumes - not good for a duck's chest. Yes there's the polystyrene balls everywhere but a hoover soon sorts those.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Well done - the ones I was driving on Grantham had more wagons and thingies and I only had to press a button to uncouple them, clever electrickery did the rest (and it wasn't even that Don't Count Chickens type wiring).  Fortunately nobody took any photos of my performance but some character managed to catch a view of various of us relaxing while preparing to attend an exhibition in Australia  - post No169941 on this page -

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/229-early-risers/page-6798

If the devil cast his net...

post-6675-0-61034000-1522094523_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

More importantly, Mike Stationmaster was at Ally Pally and he missed me driving trains. EM ones with three link couplings. See I can do finescale.

attachicon.gifAlly Pally.jpg

Photo by my mate Andy Bell

I note the tongue being utilised as a back up uncoupler lest the wire hooky thing fails. Nice option as long as the dribble doesn’t get on the stock.

Sally Eva

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I note the tongue being utilised as a back up uncoupler lest the wire hooky thing fails. Nice option as long as the dribble doesn’t get on the stock.

Sally Eva

For those chaps who fancy improving on this technique, and maybe others, Google “Lickster”, but be alone when doing so....

• RMweb Gold

Thanks Chris, Rob and BGM for the tip re the flumes. I shall be mainly using a bread knife and a bendy blade as suggested. I av an oover without an andle and my track needs hiding anyway.

Duck.

post-14122-0-39620300-1522146847.jpg

• Like 4

• RMweb Gold

Phillipus you could get one of these it leaves a fine dust cutting polystyrene much like sawdust and it's useful for other jobs too. :butcher:

(Make sure the blades are in the box if you get one)

This is a cheap jobbie you could go overboard and get a Bosch proffesssional for £229  :O  

https://www.screwfix.com/p/titan-ttb752htl-300w-multi-tool-230-240v/8298x

Phillipus you could get one of these it leaves a fine dust cutting polystyrene much like sawdust and it's useful for other jobs too. :butcher:

This is a cheap jobbie you could go overboard and get a Bosch proffesssional for £229  :O  

Got one ages ago from Liddlee or Aldee ( can't recall ) but very useful, however its NOT recommended for nose hair !

A.Barber ( from Seville )

• Like 1

I've seen one of those things in use on floorboards, to access some cable runs. Quite impressed - the cutter head vibrates very fast, but with little movement, so the dust created tends to stay right where it is instead of having sawdust over a wide area.

• RMweb Gold

Never used one Phil, always used a 12" hacksaw blade. The hacksaw can be curved and can produce nice flowing curves. The hot wire thingies aren't as flexible IMO and I really don't like the idea of hot polystyrene fumes - not good for a duck's chest. Yes there's the polystyrene balls everywhere but a hoover soon sorts those.

I don't bother with a knife, I just break bits off (still a bit messy tho').  Unfortunately the thicker stuff might need hitting with a hammer to help it break.

Weren't Liddlee & Aldee Australian cricketers?

Harry Blowfield

No, Left and Right Full Backs for Barnstoneworth United !

K.Wolstenholme

• RMweb Premium

Wadebridge works nicely, but I have already lost a ladder off the tender; just vanished as I was looking at it! Weird.

Pics later but it won't have the correct discs.

Ar$£

Edited by Mallard60022