Dapol 'Western'

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

My blue 1000 has been renamed D1010 Western Campaigner and sports the grubby Laira two tone blue / brown I so loved in the hot summer of 1976. The blue hadnt faded so it was just a dirt fest!

http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/gallery/image/49918-d1010-western-campaigner-on-the-milk/

You should be ashamed of yourself running a filthy loco like that ;)  (nice bit of 'filthing').

• RMweb Premium

Hi does anybody know the position of stock levels of the BR blue version, Have they all been snapped up or is there a further batch on the way. 

I have D1000 and a br blue weathered version on order, fancy the clean blue version to go with them

Regards

Bob

• RMweb Gold

Hi does anybody know the position of stock levels of the BR blue version, Have they all been snapped up or is there a further batch on the way. 

I have D1000 and a br blue weathered version on order, fancy the clean blue version to go with them

Regards

Bob

According to their website,Cheltenham Model Centre have 12 in stock at £110.

• RMweb Premium

Regards

Bob

Quite a few retailers do seem to have sold out of the BR blue version and their websites say no more are available. I expect Dapol will do another run in BR blue, but personally I hope with the original clips to date the loco before the Talisman derailment.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Quite a few retailers do seem to have sold out of the BR blue version and their websites say no more are available. I expect Dapol will do another run in BR blue, but personally I hope with the original clips to date the loco before the Talisman derailment.

Yet ,curiously,they are still availble for purchase on Dapol's own website.Are we missing something here?

Any Plans to produce Western Champion in current preserved guise Maroon SYWP with Dot Headcode/Hiogh intensity light in Headcode Box??

lol, while i'm here :jester:

We are only a couple of weeks from getting the first Maroon western in stock then a coupe of weeks after that the other. Sultan FYE on the second ship.

cheers

Dave

No plans for champion, as i verbally assured the Champion's owners that this would, if or when they wanted it, be 'THEIR' model.

They gave us fantastic access to Champion at short notice, and this is by means of a thank you from Dapol.

cheers

Dave

• Like 12

• RMweb Gold

Hi does anybody know the position of stock levels of the BR blue version, Have they all been snapped up or is there a further batch on the way.

Regards

Bob

Try some of the smaller outlets - I know the Severn Valley Railway shop at Bridgnorth had 2 on the shelf a couple of weeks ago for example.

• RMweb Gold

No plans for champion, as i verbally assured the Champion's owners that this would, if or when they wanted it, be 'THEIR' model.

They gave us fantastic access to Champion at short notice, and this is by means of a thank you from Dapol.

cheers

Dave

Hope they do and go for golden ochre. It's an awesome livery, the Western's best IMHO.
  • Like 2

Hope they do and go for golden ochre. It's an awesome livery, the Western's best IMHO.

I agree, gorgeous livery. I have the N Gauge D1000 on order already. If anyone produces Champion in golden ochre in N gauge, I would just have to bite the bullet and get one of those too.

Plus getting a regular maroon one. At this rate I am going to need a bigger layout :D 

Edited by Karhedron
  • Like 1

Here are some photo's of D1047 Western Lord, a recent addition to the Shenston Road stud. Originally a Green SYE repainted into Blue and EM'd by turning down the original wheelsets.  1st of 5 members of the class to be added to the Shenston Rd stud (Nos 2 & 3 are in the works as I type), and that total doesn't include any maroon ones to be added when they arrive either.

attachicon.gifWestern Lord on Shenston Road. (1) for RM web.jpg

attachicon.gifWestern Lord on Shenston Road. ( 8) for RM web.jpg

Paul J.

Superb rendidtion of an often overlooked livery on the Thousands there Paul - and the top photo particularly shows how good the front end looks on the Dapol model.... ;O)

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Perhaps at one of the big shows next year we could hold a gathering of RMWeb members Dapol Westerns?  By then I think between us we will probably have covered every single loco and nearly all the livery variations!

Would need quite a big hall mind...

• Like 1

Here are some photo's of D1047 Western Lord, a recent addition to the Shenston Road stud. Originally a Green SYE repainted into Blue and EM'd by turning down the original wheelsets.  1st of 5 members of the class to be added to the Shenston Rd stud (Nos 2 & 3 are in the works as I type), and that total doesn't include any maroon ones to be added when they arrive either.

Paul J.

That is SUCH a good weathering job. Well done

STEVE

Paul J.

The trackwork looks superb as well!

Rob

• Like 1

I'd really like to see how some have tackled weathering the full blues ones (FYE)... given the variety of worn conditions presented by the prototype. Eventually I'll give one a go... but I'd love to see what others have done... adding wear and tear not just weathering grime... anyone?

Jon